Cyprus Military and SAM Sites

mmarques

3 hours ago, mmarques said:

Does anyone have a map or information on military bases and sam sites in Cyprus?

Haven't had much luck finding any current and accurate information.

There are only two sam sites that Ugra added in DCS (both are for S300), one is on Troodos mountaintop, near the RAF radars, and the other is north of Paphos city on the top of the hill. 

Those bases are not in services since Cyprus never received the s300 sam system. 

Edited by trelos57

1 minute ago, trelos57 said:

There are only two sam sites that Ugra added in DCS (both are for S300), one is on Troodos mountaintop, near the RAF radars, and the other is north of Paphos city on the top of the hill. 

Those bases are not in services since Cyprus never received the s300 sam systems. 

Do you have coordinates for those?

Also, would they not be used for the Tor batteries they swapped for the S300? 

Anything on the turkish side?

6 minutes ago, mmarques said:

Do you have coordinates for those?

s300sitesdcs.jpg

the s300 sites are at those locations. Sorry for not providing Coordinates, but you can easily find them

Also, would they not be used for the Tor batteries they swapped for the S300? 

No, Tor's are mobile units and it wouldn't be wise to have the situated at those locations. Also those are bases the were only gonna be used in peace time.

Anything on the turkish side?

There is nothing in the turkish side that i'm aware of. As far as i know they don't have Sam systems in their equipment apart from manpads and mobile radar guided AAA.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trelos57 said:

s300sitesdcs.jpg

the s300 sites are at those locations. Sorry for not providing Coordinates, but you can easily find them

No, Tor's are mobile units and it wouldn't be wise to have the situated at those locations. Also those are bases the were only gonna be used in peace time.

There is nothing in the turkish side that i'm aware of. As far as i know they don't have Sam systems in their equipment apart from manpads and mobile radar guided AAA.

Awesome, thank you!

• Like 1

I have marked a few military installtions etc, in my zone template here. Just afile I keep adding to everytime I find new stuff, or UGRA add new features.

Probably a lot of false info and its getting a bit messy with the color coding now, but grab what you can use.

Template Zones Syria Map.miz

P.s. Cyprus use BUK and TOR in a very mobile/flexible way it seems, probably with a handful of prefered locations/hill tops.

Edited by Knock-Knock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Stephen111 said:

Fort Bragg ranks in the list for the top 10 largest military bases in the world and is the biggest military base in USA. It has the US Army Forces Command, US Army Reserve Command, and Womack Army Medical Center. There are some 57,000 service members, 11,000 civilians, and 23,000 dependents in this base, making it undoubtedly the largest military base in the United States. Fort Bragg’s estimated area is 163,000 acres, which is 58,000 acres larger than the second biggest military base in the United States—Fort Campbell. 

Thanks for that information. I fail to see though how that is relevant to this discussion? 😄

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

• 2 months later...