Help needed with Starting / Connecting Quest and DCS

subseauk

Hi guys, I have been out of VR for some time now but used to have my Quest running with DCS.  Now I have latest DCS version with upgraded PC including a 2080ti card I thought I would give it another go.

Unfortunately I have. forgotten the start up procedure and the the Quest starts as soon as I click on DCS which does not go to full screen in the headset like it used to. ( I am sure I had to start DCS from within Quest before but no sure ).  

All to often I get taken to the Quest desktop which is a pain in the rear to get out off!!!!

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks

Kev

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

Make sure VR is checked in the DCS settings.

Make sure " allow unknown sources" is checked in the Oculus settings.

Launch DCS from your desktop, which should launch DCS in your headset.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Connect Quest to PC, Link or Air Link

Make sure you have check the box “Use VR” in the Settings -> VR
i would recommend using DCS Updater GUI Utility, Setup the profile and just click “VR On”

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:52 PM, dburne said:

Make sure VR is checked in the DCS settings.

Make sure " allow unknown sources" is checked in the Oculus settings.

Launch DCS from your desktop, which should launch DCS in your headset.

Thanks DB, I think it was you who helped me last time LoL

22 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Connect Quest to PC, Link or Air Link

Make sure you have check the box “Use VR” in the Settings -> VR
i would recommend using DCS Updater GUI Utility, Setup the profile and just click “VR On”

Hi mate, I tried with the Updater but it was beyond me to get it working reliably so I now have a clean install of latest DCS.

Thanks

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

Using Skatezilla's Updater utility can be a bit overwhelming at first but once set up, it's a joy to use. I use nothing else to start my DCS sessions.

First step:

- Start the utility

- Select the App. Settings tab (2nd from the right)

- Slot #1 build: Give it name and browse to the 2 paths (if all is OK, the 2 red status lights will become green and there will be a 3th status led with R or B in it telling it's a Release (stable) or Beta version.

Second step (but not needed):

- You can set up presets, set links to external apps like TacView etc..., applications settings and the like.

Then on the left press either "VR ON" for VR or "VR OFF" for pancake mode. DCS will launch and off you go.

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!