G12 Start up

Not nearly as demanding as a DCS 109 takeoff, and its all left rudder input.... but it does look like its full right stick but hard to see...

• Like 1

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

22 hours ago, GaryR said:

Not nearly as demanding as a DCS 109 takeoff, and its all left rudder input.... but it does look like its full right stick but hard to see...

It's probably way more demanding than DCS module. Just, you aren't there and can't feel the thing and respond to that automatically as pilots do. You rely on visual cues, you have to wait until you see them instead of feeling the thing, when you visually notice them it's already too late and that's what's harder than RL, not in this module but in all of them. But anyone can learn that, and that's how you see people in the sim flying flawlessly, if you can't, you just aren't there yet but you can be with practice.

S!

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 3 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 10:10 AM, Xilon_x said:

G12 startup and real take of whit out ZIG-ZAG and slalom on the runway 

Well that particular plane is a g12 powered by a merlin engine. If you could see the outside of this plane you would see the exhaust blisters and everything. Quite the abomination. There are quite a few videos of this aircraft out there. 

37 minutes ago, Lykurgus said:

Well that particular plane is a g12 powered by a merlin engine. If you could see the outside of this plane you would see the exhaust blisters and everything. Quite the abomination. There are quite a few videos of this aircraft out there. 

Not sure what are you talking about, exhaust stack are at the botom  typical for DB engines.

He did 1.15ATA take off so very gentle on power, for higher power it needs a lot more work in rudder.

@Lykurgus This is my take off in DCS no brakes used as well, keep practice. 

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

It was powered by Daimler-Benz at that video. Later it's changed to Merlin (cheaper to maintain etc), they still have DB for it, ready to use If want. If i remember correctly that video is from one of very first testflights so they take it extra careful with low powersettings etc.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is just crazy for me, how slow he flies this G-12 not going above 220kph. I have feeling that K-4 with throttle closed would fly faster 😛

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

On 10/6/2021 at 12:13 PM, DB 605 said:

It was powered by Daimler-Benz at that video. Later it's changed to Merlin (cheaper to maintain etc), they still have DB for it, ready to use If want. If i remember correctly that video is from one of very first testflights so they take it extra careful with low powersettings etc.

I believe it's the other way around. It's a Hispano Ha1112, Spanish licensed built Merlin engined Bf109G-2 (factory name Me-109J). Eventually, not long ago, they made the conversion to G12 by changing it to DB. I guess they didn't throw away the engine and everything, of course, but a change back wouldn't be so easy. If you see pics of the thing with Merlin it was just the previous configuration, older pictures, not the current one.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

^ No, DB is correct. The plane was restored by Meier Motors back in 2016, from Merlin-powered Buchon which was damaged in an accident. A DB605 was used during reconstruction and it flew like that until two or so years (?) ago when it was converted back to Merlin for operational cost reasons (it's been used as a trainer for Messerschmitt Foundation pilots and any pilots who need to be cleared for flying the 109).

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

6 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

I believe it's the other way around. It's a Hispano Ha1112, Spanish licensed built Merlin engined Bf109G-2 (factory name Me-109J). Eventually, not long ago, they made the conversion to G12 by changing it to DB. I guess they didn't throw away the engine and everything, of course, but a change back wouldn't be so easy. If you see pics of the thing with Merlin it was just the previous configuration, older pictures, not the current one.

S!

They must have put the merlin back into it because on their website they even say that it has the merlin 500 in it. Also videos like this of it from a year ago clearly show the merlin. I guess they must have pulled the dB that was put into it in another plane or maybe they were unable to fix it if something happened to it.

8 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

S!

No, it was buchon converted to G-12 with DB, then back to Merlin. IIRC they said in sales ad back then (platinum fighter sales) that both engines were available and it's built on a way that engine swap is easier than usually.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When ppl have problem with recognizing engine type mounted in this 2 seater G-12 i'm speechless 😛

It is obvious that in 2016 recording DB engine is mounted and the recent has merlin or alison mounted, exhaust stack in upper part, 2 big bulges to fit cylinder's heads, different prop, and it looks ugly AF.

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, grafspee said:

It is just crazy for me, how slow he flies this G-12 not going above 220kph. I have feeling that K-4 with throttle closed would fly faster 😛

Well as said before, one of first testflights so he flew flaps (and probably)gears down with low power settings so...

1 hour ago, grafspee said:

When ppl have problem with recognizing engine type mounted in this 2 seater G-12 i'm speechless 😛

It is obvious that in 2016 recording DB engine is mounted and the recent has merlin or alison mounted, exhaust stack in upper part, 2 big bulges to fit cylinder's heads, different prop, and it looks ugly AF.

Yep. It's easy to recognise DB from Merlin by sound alone, altough sound quality is not great on that video.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 10/8/2021 at 7:12 AM, Lykurgus said:

They must have put the merlin back into it because on their website they even say that it has the merlin 500 in it. Also videos like this of it from a year ago clearly show the merlin. I guess they must have pulled the dB that was put into it in another plane or maybe they were unable to fix it if something happened to it.

So they changed it back to Merlin, again? 🙁 That's a pity, even though that's what it was for all its life I guess.

BTW, all those of you thinking Buchón is ugly are dismissed from taking a ride in my two seater Buchón when I win lottery 🤣🤣🤣. I guess I'm fond of them seeing them since my childhood, plus I lived the next number in the same street it was built in for 10 years 😜. The factory is a gym now, I used to go swimming there. No Buchón remains though aside from a few pics at gym's bar 🤦‍♂️. Aeronautical culture isn't that much a thing here.

S!

Rather an abomination to my eyes, unfortunately.

Those machines always look to me like the Bf-109 started using Synthol like a bodybuilder who didn't want to put in the effort...

Or maybe the 109 has an allergic reaction.

Something along those lines.

• Thanks 1

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022