Ability to generate flight plan path drawing on map

ataribaby

• 3 weeks later...

+1 though I'm still going to maintain that being able to load custom made images (and maybe mark them mid-mission) is the best solution.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, snocc_ said:

+1 hoping they add some way to draw over the F10 map and export it to the hinds map or something like that

Yep, maybe they can add a option to show the F10 draw layer over the Hind map. Seems easy and smart method.

P.S. +1

I'd rather the drawing was generated dynamically based on user F10 map markers so that we could produce legit flight plans on our own the way we do with the F-14 Jester or the DTC on the Jeff. That would enable us to plan our flight with a few mouse clicks as opposed to tedious manual drawing while getting spawn-camped in multiplayer.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/27/2021 at 4:23 PM, WarbossPetross said:

I'd rather the drawing was generated dynamically based on user F10 map markers so that we could produce legit flight plans on our own the way we do with the F-14 Jester or the DTC on the Jeff. That would enable us to plan our flight with a few mouse clicks as opposed to tedious manual drawing while getting spawn-camped in multiplayer.

This is definitely something I'd love to see once ED gets the DTC into the core of the game. It would be cool if the DTC was something in the F10 map where you could setup your waypoints, countermeasures and weapons specifications in all of the modules. Obviously that would make it way more complicated to implement, but it would be awesome for multiplayer, especially if you could save certain things like countermeasure settings.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

+1 

Current flight plan on the map, in many situations has text that is unusable (overlapping) and route lines too thick.  User customization would be a game changer.

Edited by Dataduffy