JDAMs stay aligned after rearming

Weidlich

Trackfile or log not required, easy to reproduce. 

You start a mission with jdams.

first problem : when you power them on they only align when the sms page with the jdam menu is visible. When you select a different weapon the alignment timer stops where you left it. You need to cycle back to the jdam weapon to continue alignment.

second bug:

when you drop the jdams, then land and rearm with the same jdams again the pylons stay aligned. They should be unaligned. (hornet had the same bug for a very long time last year).

Hope you can reproduce. 

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • ED Team

1 hour ago, Furiz said:

Don't know if it has been reported, or does this need a track but

JSOW, JDAM (AGM-154A, GBU-31, BGU-38, CBU-105) will not continue alignement when not on SMS page or when not in AG mode and they are powered ON.

Please provide your evidence in a PM if needed

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

54 minutes ago, Frederf said:

Confirm that at least JDAM will not continue alignment while not in AG master mode. I was unable to get the alignment requirement to be skipped (bug) by rearming.

F16 INS Weapon Align in Background.trk 69.64 kB · 0 downloads

Strange, it seemed to work for me yesterday. I'll pay close attention next time. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Was wondering if it's correct as is, when trying to align JDAMs or JSOWs I must have A/G mode selected plus I need to use/select the exact bomb for it to align, if I go out of A/G mode or switch to another type of bomb the alignment will stop until I come back to that exact bomb.

Thanks beforehand,

Das.

• Like 1

Looking For A Real Dynamic Campaign?

Come And Check Out XSAF!

MAKE SURE TO READ THE RULES AND PERSONALY I RECOMMEND CHECKING OUT SOME VIDS ON YOUTUBE.

Growling Sidewinder's video               Natty Ice's video