Moving map completely off

alexglenorchy

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong - but I can't seem to find anything on it. The point itself: the moving map is just completely incorrect. When I'm heading North for example, it might say I'm moving closer to South. Essentially it says I'm going in a direction I'm not even close to heading in. Is this behavior correct? I find that hard to believe as otherwise this system isn't even remotely useful. Very confused!

Known thing. Do not enable switch "Airspeed to Doppler" on pilot power panel on the left. 

So keep that switch DOWN/OFF.

doppler_nav_error_mi-24p.jpg

Edited by Fri13
  • Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The whole Doppler system is not working for me. The Stationary Flight indicator is showing wrong information. The Ground Speed and Drift Angle indicator is off. The Digital Display Unit shows wrong numbers in a route I have flew in the Mi-8 many times without issue. So the Map is broken. 

1 hour ago, Grimleo said:

The whole Doppler system is not working for me. The Stationary Flight indicator is showing wrong information. The Ground Speed and Drift Angle indicator is off. The Digital Display Unit shows wrong numbers in a route I have flew in the Mi-8 many times without issue. So the Map is broken. 

Is this an intermittent bug or has it never worked for you ?

I flew a 240 km route visiting all the airports round Cyprus and the moving map worked perfectly. Perhaps test a hot started Mi-24P and if it works, see if there's anything you've missed i.e. in a hot started Mi-24P, "Airspeed to Doppler" is DOWN.

I 've also flown circuits around Batumi doing attack runs on targets south of the river that caused the "+" position marker to drift north of Kobuleti.

As I've heard the DISS-15 loses track with steep bank angles, I assumed that was the cause but haven't investigated further*.

*IIRC I set "Airspeed to Doppler" UP, which explains what I saw

Edited by Ramsay
Check hot started Mi-24P "Airspeed to Doppler" switch position, by default it's OFF.
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080