DCS: AH-64 HOTAS - U.S. Army Cyclic and Collective for Mid-Block II, 2005-2010

• ED Team

Dear all,

I created this today, and I thought it might be interesting/useful for those wishing to get a head start on your controller profiles.

Kind regards,

Matt

AH-64D Block II Cyclic and Collective HOTAS.pdf

• Like 21
  • Thanks 13

@Wags can you tell us if any of the elements of the collective that have analog functions.. ie, axis commands?

I'm think of making a mini joystick, for the collective head, instead in place of one of the many hat switches

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Anyone know the functions of Button: 6. FCR Scan. When FCR is selected as sight ? I am currently modeling and making a collective stick and I wanted to know what type of hat switch ( 2-way ,4-way, does it depress?) It is. It looks like a 4 way hat to me but I don't know.

39 minutes ago, Maxito said:

Anyone know the functions of Button: 6. FCR Scan. When FCR is selected as sight ? I am currently modeling and making a collective stick and I wanted to know what type of hat switch ( 2-way ,4-way, does it depress?) It is. It looks like a 4 way hat to me but I don't know.

I like to know this also...

i was planning out buttons needed to fill all of the buttons of the collective, and its looking like 40+ buttons

CAN SOMEONE TELL US if the FCR Scan is a 2 way or 4 way hat?

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• ED Team
1 minute ago, hannibal said:

CAN SOMEONE TELL US if the FCR Scan is a 2 way or 4 way hat?

It's a 2-way.  Forward and Aft.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 11:59 AM, Meathawk said:

that might help as well - credit to someone else - dont know where I found that anymore

Looks like a screenshot from YouTube. So I'm rather certain it comes from one of Casmo's videos. Here's the full thing, everything important explained:

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

On 6/22/2021 at 12:37 AM, Wags said:

Dear all,

I created this today, and I thought it might be interesting/useful for those wishing to get a head start on your controller profiles.

Kind regards,

Matt

AH-64D Block II Cyclic and Collective HOTAS.pdf 402.17 kB · 514 downloads

Quick count:

• 19 stick buttons (hey, my TM grip has 19 😃)
  • 35 collective buttons (hey, my Virpil collective + Alpha-L has 35 buttons 😃)

Yay! It seems I'm ready!

(It'll take me a year to remember all button binds though 😅)

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• Wags changed the title to DCS: AH-64 HOTAS - U.S. Army Cyclic and Collective for Mid-Block II, 2005-2010
  • 1 month later...

I can tell you tomorrow. Will take a look in my docs. PM me for the case I forget to answer your question. 😄

• Like 1

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

• ED Team
1 hour ago, mikkebos said:

Guys is NVS select switch (number 13 form pdf collective) a momentary switch or classic one?

It's a momentary. Three-position, spring-loaded to center.

• Like 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Yes, that's right. I did not have it in mind, but someone else was faster. 😄

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

On 7/6/2021 at 11:57 PM, Maxito said:

Activates and deactivates the FCR transmitter. Two position momentary.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Here's what I'm looking at so far for a mapping. I've activated my old HOTAS Cougar as a TEDAC in addition to my Warthog. I fly exclusively in VR, so I can't be reaching for a keyboard.

No point trying to map everything 1:1 as the controls are too different. So I've generally gone for:

TADS on the Cougar

FCR on the Warthog Throttle

Flight stuff on the Warthog stick

... with some exceptions for Hornet familiarity (e.g. location of the countermeasures in panic situations). 

It will very very likely change, especially on release when we see what the actual mappable functions are. Hopefully ED will continue the excellent support they've provided for switches. 

Hope it helps, roast me

20211020_183551.jpg

hotas20215.pnghotas20214.pnghotas20213.pnghotas20212.pnghotas2021.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

8 hours ago, ruprecht said:

Here's what I'm looking at so far for a mapping. I've activated my old HOTAS Cougar as a TEDAC in addition to my Warthog. I fly exclusively in VR, so I can't be reaching for a keyboard.

No point trying to map everything 1:1 as the controls are too different. So I've generally gone for:

TADS on the Cougar

FCR on the Warthog Throttle

Flight stuff on the Warthog stick

... with some exceptions for Hornet familiarity (e.g. location of the countermeasures in panic situations). 

It will very very likely change, especially on release when we see what the actual mappable functions are. Hopefully ED will continue the excellent support they've provided for switches. 

Hope it helps, roast me

20211020_183551.jpg

hotas20215.pnghotas20214.pnghotas20213.pnghotas20212.pnghotas2021.png

Just waking up so I’m probably gonna miss somethings but you don’t need hdd. It’s redundant for this block I believe. It might have another renamed function like for the Izlid but it’s nothing that should affect dcs gameplay.  Dont need a2a was. Change governors to throttles, it’s auto governed until you hit lockout. Iat flir polar you’ll probably rarely use, recommend that go to a secondary and you relocate more important things there. Iat image polarity you’ll rarely use. Flir polarity you may use a lot idk that’s a personal question. Remember the dual stage for the laser on the ah is first click single lase second click continuous lazing. I’d recommend just binding second detent. Continuing you don’t need dvo, should be redundant for this model, could be wrong but I believe it does nothing. Man tads? Is that cursor? I’m assuming the right joystick axis will be your thumb force controller. 

Cyclic drop a2a doesn’t do anything, just so you know for the hold modes, fcr scan continuous scan, one time push, turns them on, push it again turns it off. So not switches, however that works in dcs from your controls idk.  

hope my comments help 

• Like 1

• ED Team

@kgillers3 is correct regarding HDD, DVO and the ATA functions (A2A/Air-to-Air/A-A, so many ways to type it).

The HDD/Heads Down Display was for the older ORT gunner sight, which the TEDAC assembly replaced.

DVO/Direct View Optics was an AH-64A sensor (similar to the Mi-24 Raduga sight), and I don't know if the earliest AH-64D's retained it or not; the 2005-2010 era AH-64D Block 2's didn't have them.

The ATA weapon select and the Cage buttons did nothing for this era of AH-64D.  They were just buttons you could press if you were bored, they weren't hooked up to anything.  Simply a "growth option".

Talking about this makes me want an AH-64A in DCS.  I think it would be so much fun (as will the D-model, I just think both would be fun as hell).  But at least we are getting an Apache at all.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 1

DCS Rotor-Head