Rudder Trim Help

dresoccer4

Can someone help explain how to use the rudder trimmer. With the other helo modules, when I twist my stick then press the trimmer button, the rudder controls are frozen to that position (trimmed).

However with the Mi-24 pressing the trimmer button does NOT keep the rudder in place, it just goes back to the center. I do have rudder trimmer selected in special menu.

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

1 hour ago, 26-J39 said:

Sounds like your Yaw AP channel is off.

I have yaw AP channel on, however the rudder always goes back to center position no matter what.

1-yaw2.jpg

1-yaw.jpg

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I heve the same feelings, if its „on” too turning the trimm by T doesnt force rudder pedals to stay on position.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

8 hours ago, TomChaai said:

The rudder trimmer option is in the game settings, only applicable to the specific module. It's probably you had it on for the Mi-8 but forgot to set it for Mi-24.

My rudder trimmer doesn’t work in the Mi-24 

Ok,  my post earlier was wrong.    You dont need the Yaw Channel on for trimming.

Now, what i have learned is that with the Yaw Channel on it is controlling your pedals as a HEADING HOLD.

Try this:     Start up as normal with yaw channel ON.      Now DONT TOUCH PEDALS  just increase collective and control cyclic  and you will lift off with out a problem.  NO PEDAL INPUT NEEDED.

Once in hover you can use pedals to turn to a new course gently and release pedals!   Mi24 will hold the heading.

Edit:  Just seen nazradu's post above, exactly what i was saying.

Edited by 26-J39
spelling
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 11:33 PM, 26-J39 said:

Ok,  my post earlier was wrong.    You dont need the Yaw Channel on for trimming.

Now, what i have learned is that with the Yaw Channel on it is controlling your pedals as a HEADING HOLD.

Try this:     Start up as normal with yaw channel ON.      Now DONT TOUCH PEDALS  just increase collective and control cyclic  and you will lift off with out a problem.  NO PEDAL INPUT NEEDED.

Once in hover you can use pedals to turn to a new course gently and release pedals!   Mi24 will hold the heading.

Edit:  Just seen nazradu's post above, exactly what i was saying.

Still having this issue and haven't found a solution. I tried doing what you said but no clue what you mean as you need a good amount of right rudder on take off to maintain heading. Regular trim is working great (I have ffb stick).

The rudder won't trim when pressing the trim button, simple as that. Does this bird not have a rudder trimmer? I'm confused as I have it selected in the special menu and it's how the Mi-8 behaves. Anyone else have more insight?

Edited by dresoccer4

5 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

Still having this issue and haven't found a solution. I tried doing what you said but no clue what you mean as you need a good amount of right rudder on take off to maintain heading. Regular trim is working great (I have ffb stick).

The rudder won't trim when pressing the trim button, simple as that. Does this bird not have a rudder trimmer? I'm confused as I have it selected in the special menu and it's how the Mi-8 behaves. Anyone else have more insight?

I am also using FFB and indeed with FFB enabled, due to some reason, rudder trimmer is not working even when on in the special menu.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

7 hours ago, Dr_Arrow said:

I am also using FFB and indeed with FFB enabled, due to some reason, rudder trimmer is not working even when on in the special menu.

Sounds like a bug if u cant trim the rudders when selected in the options.  Unless its a weird controller issue.

Edited by 26-J39

11 hours ago, Dr_Arrow said:

I'm having the exact same issue, also using FFB. 

• Like 1

http://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit

Hoggit 1st Fighter Wing

Weekly training missions on Tuesday nights, missions on Saturdays!

TS3: hoggit.us

1 hour ago, YeaImRota said:

12 hours ago, Dr_Arrow said:

so at least 3 of us are having the same issue, all with FFB sticks. Sounds like a bug here. It seems the "rudder trimmer" option in the special menu isn't actually doing anything.

Can someone from DCS confirm this is the case, or are we all doing something wrong?

On 8/14/2021 at 7:35 AM, 26-J39 said:

Sounds like a bug if u cant trim the rudders when selected in the options.  Unless its a weird controller issue.

22 hours ago, YeaImRota said:

21 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

so at least 3 of us are having the same issue, all with FFB sticks. Sounds like a bug here. It seems the "rudder trimmer" option in the special menu isn't actually doing anything.

Can someone from DCS confirm this is the case, or are we all doing something wrong?

It's starting to look like a FFB problem only. I have a conventional stick (spring centered) and my trimmer works perfectly.

I am assuming that you also have the correct mode selected for FFB.

I would suggest that you make an official bug report.

Uehv17J.png

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

17 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

It's starting to look like a FFB problem only. I have a conventional stick (spring centered) and my trimmer works perfectly.

I am assuming that you also have the correct mode selected for FFB.

I would suggest that you make an official bug report.

Uehv17J.png

just to be clear, we're only talking about the rudder trimmer. the cyclic trim (what you've highlighted) works fine. the default trimmer mode is the normal ffb mode

Edited by dresoccer4

@dresoccer4Sorry, I thought that it applies to all FFB trims including rudder. The other 2 modes do.

Do you have FFB pedals or just the stick & twist? The twist doesn't work well in DCS. It's not precise enough.

I use the rocker/slider on the throttle, my old ass feet and legs don't work too well any more. I walk with a cane.

yk8Nl3I.jpg?1

Just trying to help. I don't have FFB so.............. It may be time for a bug report.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Good to see, I'm not the only one, who have hard moments to understand what's the logic of the rudder in Mi-24.
For me it's quite unclear, what does actually the controls indicator shows for the rudder in such scenario: FFB HOTAS (G940), yaw trimmer disabled in Mi-24 special options, physical rudder centered, yaw SAS enabled and in straight flight the controls indicator shows as follows...

obraz.png

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

No it’s not, in the picture his yaw AP is doing almost nothing. 

as you raise the collective the center point of the rudders change is my understanding, so what’s center in the controls indicator depends upon collective position as far as I can tell 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the normal trimmer works directly on the pedals .

For excample:

push the left Pedal, 

hit the trimmer button

pedal stays in place 

the other thing is the autopilot channel for yaw. its only working iff no force is working on the pedals. 

that means : turn in the direction u want. 

hit the trimmer button

release all force from the pedals and let the yaw channel do his thing.

Seems like they changed the way that YAW SAS works again in the DCS Hind. Or maybe I haven't been paying attention. In any case if you depress the pedals, the YAW channel will turn off and allow you control, but it will engage as soon as you bring the pedals close to center again, however it will remain set on the previous heading until you take your feet of the pedals at which point it will set the YAW to the new heading. This seems like it might be a bug. Can anyone reproduce this?

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick.