Steam VR driving me crazy after latest update

ayousry

i run G2 headset , i never had steam VR crash before latest update , now i get it randomly sometimes after 2hrs mission ,is it a known bug or its only happening to me?

i tried to reinstall Steam vr but no luck

So currently, I'm not having any problems with my set up. However in May I was having issues and it happened after Steam updated its beta Windows Mixed Reality for Steam. I found using fpsVR that my memory was increasing and not released so within a short time it became unplayable, so I switched to the release version. I am using the beta version of Steam VR without any issues.

(Just in case its not clear - there are three aspects to G2 VR: Window Mixed Reality - which is Microsofts windows 10. Mixed reality for Steam - Which is a Steam implementation and my understanding is that it does the calculation to convert the G2 inside out tracking to Steam's native tracking which is based on the Hive. And Steam VR which has the vr software and hardware talking to each other.)

So to recap, currently I'm not seeing any issues. Have just played in SP mode for 2 and half hours. Running release version of Windows Mixed Reality for Steam and the Beta version of Steam VR 1.18.3

If you are using a WMR headset, you need it as a bridge between the wmr headset and steamvr, so, no.

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Are you flying the Tomcat ? If your freezing or crashing mostly likely it’s a Tomcat issue on E D side.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

• 1 month later...

"motionReprojectionMode": "motionvector" - Is this the setting you're referring to?? Always been set to this value.

I'm apparently running 1.19.7, but the the SteamVR properties, says I have not opted into any betas. Its pretty much the only thing I use steam for, so not sure how to change it!

I'm talking about Window Mixed reality for SteamVR not SteamVR. The first is the interconnection between SteamVR and WMR of the G2. The last Beta of the  WMR for SteamVR is the 1.3.22 (non beta 1.2.625). The last beta of SteamVR is 1.19.7 (non beta 1.19.6) but I think both are the same now. To change between beta and non-beta, steamVR properties (or Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR), with the right button with the mouse sure, and BETA section

Edited by Werewolf_fs
  • Thanks 1

My steamVR was recently updated, which coincides with the SteamVR crashes - hence the likelihood of being involved.  I Don't think WMR for SteamVR has been updated recently, but I'll check. Prior to this it has been rock solid for months - I'd never had a similar crash. I've only had 2, but it is a right pain!

Edited by Kula66

Only issue I am seeing of late with Steam VR (Beta) is occasionally when I close it ( Vive Pro 2) it will crash rather than exit cleanly.

Have not seen it crash during a session yet - and I fly several hours a day.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|