Transferring MFD panels out onto small monitors! How???

subseauk

Hi guys, 

Hopefully the right area for this question!

I have a couple of Thrustmaster MFDs fitted with Screens  but I am struggling to get the aircraft MFDs to transfer to them!

I thought if the aircraft in DCS had a screen then they would be transferrable to the small monitors or is this not the case??

I primarily fly choppers and would really like to get the gazelle, Hind and upcoming Apache and Kiowa out to these.

Can anyone help a very inexperienced Windows user with the best way to go ( if at all possible ).

Thanks

Subsea

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

Take a look at Helios

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

3 hours ago, GaryR said:

Take a look at Helios

Hi Gary, looks good but I cannot see how they are connecting to DCS? Is it via USB as this is how my monitors are run at the moment. Also would be nice to know if there are any conflicts with say VoiceAttack etc?  Cheers

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

See if the profiles you are looking for are here, you can always just pick the MFD's and gauges you want to use.. 

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

To export viewports you will need to modify the monitors.lua file as appropriate for your setup.

To make things easier Open a  profile Gary linked to in Helios editor. Perform reset monitors, reposition the viewport stencils as appropriate for your setup and let helios generate the monitors.lua file. You will need to point DCS to use that Lua file in graphics config section. 

Good luck.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

not sure if this is what his question is, but it is one I would like to know anyway. since the Thrustmaster MFD's are USB based, does that mean they do not need to hook up to the video card and Helios will still output to them since Windows still identifies them as secondary monitors?

thank you. after looking into them a bit deeper, i have come to realize that people are using monitors with them, so now my question is about the monitors that are used with the thrustmaster mfd's... thanks

just to clarify, i am planning on using 3 projectors for my main screen on a 270 degree screen, so i would need more outputs for the MFD's (or in the case of the F18, DDI's) but i was curious if using usb based monitors would need to run through a video card or would they be usable through the usb?

3 hours ago, agrasyuk said:

I'd say use a single monitor for MIP, this brings you at total of 4 devises connected to a single video card which is perfectly fine. 

2v2HGjibzxUHnUD.jpg

that's fine for an A-10 like you are building (which looks like an awesome start by the way,) but i want to do an F18C which is not easy to do with a single MIP. I really want to use 3 seperate ones...

by the way, what is the diamater of your screen? i want mine to be 9 1/2 feet diamater...

Up to you of course. I'm Using a 27 Incher for the MIP. To me it looked perfectly suitable for the hornet as well (I couldn't decide which way to go at a point).
The MFDs drawn below are  6.75 inch, not the 5" thrustmasters. more then enough room. good luck on your build!

my screen is a 7 footer. I would have loved to have a bigger one but this one will have to do.

image.png

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

On 6/26/2021 at 9:30 PM, agrasyuk said:

Up to you of course. I'm Using a 27 Incher for the MIP. To me it looked perfectly suitable for the hornet as well (I couldn't decide which way to go at a point).
The MFDs drawn below are  6.75 inch, not the 5" thrustmasters. more then enough room. good luck on your build!

my screen is a 7 footer. I would have loved to have a bigger one but this one will have to do.

image.png

I see what you are doing with the 27" monitor. My concern is that it goes below the IFEI interface which is where I wanted to end that part of the front consol (or Main instrument panel.) Actually I was planning on making the front consol in two parts, the upper part being the DDI's and the UFC (along with the tow smaller panels to the outside of the DDI's) but if I can't do them seperatly, I might have to modify the Front consol to use the 27" monitor... We'll see how it goes.

thanks for your input!! It helps a bunch!!

Edited by Dogan Sheridan