TEDAC Display Unit

On 4/6/2022 at 5:07 PM, KeyCat said:

Gave it  a new name since it's not bound to be used as TEDAC controller. Gonna build a bunch of them to convert my old TM FLCS and TQS to USB and another one as a generic upfront button panel and hopefully someday 3D print the TEDAC hand grips for a simpit.

Main Controller PCB to be used with MMJoy2 firmware.

USC Main PCB.png

Generic 28 buttons + 4 Encoders PCB (fits on top of the main PCB) and uses cheap 6x6 mm PCB buttons available in various heights and is simple to make a front panel. Also have 5 LED's to be used as optional "mode indicators".

USC-28B4E 6x6.png

6x6 mm PCB buttons and colored tops

6x6 PCB Switch.png

6x6 Colored Tops.png

If I ever need more buttons or need them at a different place expansion is done via P10 using shift regsters. This one use same 6x6 mm PCB buttons as above.

USC-8B 6x6.png

This use a 12x12 mm square PCB buttons instead...

USC-8B 12x12.png

Like these, also available with various heights and tops.

12x12 PCB Switch.png

This one uses 3x2 mm SMD PCB buttons and can easily be placed wherever needed as a tiny PCB,

USC-8B 3x2.png

Like these

3x2 SMD.png

Will update as soon as I got the MCU's and built s couple of them.

keycad I am also designing a board to control the tedac. I wonder whether you use the 74hc165 for all individual buttons or do you use another component? thanks in advance for your response!

20 hours ago, Liebnn said:

keycad I am also designing a board to control the tedac. I wonder whether you use the 74hc165 for all individual buttons or do you use another component? thanks in advance for your response!

I'm using 4021 as shift register since thats whats in the TM's handgrips I have.

Edited by KeyCat

2 hours ago, KeyCat said:

I'm using 4021 as shift register since thats whats in the TM's handgrips I have.

keycad thanks for your response! I'm totally new to the pcb and other electronics world so spend all day reading and doing just to learn enough to start making my own controller board. and then i saw you desing and damn! nice work!