The Mysteries of Liveries and MODs

jester224

OK, I am familiar that these are held under saved games in my user profile.  However this does not appear to be the case.  When I am using the mission editor they don't appear in the options for the country.  I have checked the file and the countries = {"UK"} is set or no countries at all. So here are some questions.

1. How does DCS select which folder to search for liveries from?
  2. What does the folder need to be named for a given aircraft and does it have to be the same as the one in DCS itself?
  3. Is there a log file that I can check to see if there is an issue with the liveries on application start up? 

On 6/22/2021 at 3:56 PM, jester224 said:

OK, I am familiar that these are held under saved games in my user profile.  However this does not appear to be the case.  When I am using the mission editor they don't appear in the options for the country.  I have checked the file and the countries = {"UK"} is set or no countries at all. So here are some questions.

1. How does DCS select which folder to search for liveries from?
  2. What does the folder need to be named for a given aircraft and does it have to be the same as the one in DCS itself?
  3. Is there a log file that I can check to see if there is an issue with the liveries on application start up? 

Hi, 

1- DCS can search Saved Games/DCS/Liveries, DCS installation folder/ core mods/aircraft, or DCSinstallation folder/ Bazar/Liveries

2-If you install to saved games, yes you need to create. For example "F-16C_50" is viper's livery folder name. And inside this folder you can install your livery. Name doesn't affect your livery name. You need to edit livery name in description.lua

3-You can use modelviwer for finding issues and real time refresh.

I hope it helps.

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png