Things I like in the F-16

ruddy122

Flaring and Aerobraking is pretty neat

Better than the Hornet technique of pranging it on the Runway and hope for the best

Also I understand the cockpit of the F-16 better than the Hornet

More natural for me you don’t have to relearn as much as the Hornet to me the F-16 makes sense

The FBW is not as twitchy like the Hornet it feels right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

I like that I can go on a strike mission and not have to run from a couple of MiGs. Wingmen and I splash 'em with AIM-120s and go finish the strike mission.

I also like having an afterburner, and that it doesn't take me 5 minutes to climb back up to altitude after a couple of A-G gun strafing passes.

And I love HARMs. SAM sites, bow down to your new ruler!

Amazing performance, superb avionics design, and most important of all, the appearance! Sooo beatiful! 😍

• Like 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

4 hours ago, greenmamba said:

A damn sexy airplane, I love the ergonomy of the cockpit and the avionics. 

+1

Well stated!

• Like 1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

16 hours ago, SCPanda said:

I started a poll 🙂

In your poll .. Do you mean ingame BVR / BFM performance? or the real "working" "worthwhile" one that is being talked about by pilots?

• Like 1

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

3 hours ago, deadpool said:

In your poll .. Do you mean ingame BVR / BFM performance? or the real "working" "worthwhile" one that is being talked about by pilots?

In game of course. That's why I didn't vote for BFM. Cuz the reasons you know. 

• Like 1

Like I said in the similar thread about the Hornet, I like both equally. But, these are the things I prefer about the Viper:

• Cockpit visibility. 
  • Poweeeeeeeeeer. 
  • All the displays are full color. And the blue and white is sexy. 
  • The ability to swap between 3 open pages on each display with the HOTAS is awesome. The ability to customize what those pages are per master mode is even better. 
  • Dogfight Mode. Actually using the separate gun trigger and weapon release to it's full potential in a fight. Why the hell don't more jets do this?? 
  • Can mount a TGP without sacrificing a weapon station. 
  • Super simple and fast startup from cold and dark. 

Edited by Bunny Clark
words
  • Like 4

My reasons:
- Right era

- Right tool for the job

- Right spirit

- Usability. It's an extension of the pilot as best as could be done back then.

• Like 1

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline