Player as pilot operator, Petrovich as pilot.

YoYo

After some testing, from my side:

- dont use slew mode for aiming,

- dont use a mouse for aiming.

Take your joystick, set up it as Axis X and Y in settings (in Mi-24 Aiming station). tune axis as "S" (curves) with 30% (X and Y).

Check it. Works a lot better for me than slew key or mouse. :bye_2:

It is also important to be a master of the commands for Petrovich as a pilot. :grin:

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I don't trust Petrovich for anything besides ATGM attack runs. I line up myself, then jump up front, hop into the periscope, and sight the target. I use up long to line up the ATGM attack run. Once I launch and hit the target, I turn off the gyros and hop into the back seat again to evade. Petro loves to come to a hard stop in mid-air as he makes sharp turns, making us a huge target and sometimes getting into VRS in the process. Then if we're flying around the whole helicopter is teetering up and down, left and right. They should include a barf bag!

• Like 2

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Is there a way to tune the axis for the operator mode (missile guidance) separately from the cyclic?

My X-52 is too sensitive to use for guiding missiles. However, I can't find any separate axis bindings in the control settings - and I don't want to reduce sensitivity on my cyclic!!

Is there a way to tune the axis for the operator mode (missile guidance) separately from the cyclic?

My X-52 is too sensitive to use for guiding missiles. However, I can't find any separate axis bindings in the control settings - and I don't want to reduce sensitivity on my cyclic!!
The operator has a completely different input scheme. When controls settings, use the drop down, and choose Mi-24P aiming station, and change to your liking. Can even use a completely different stick like in the Gazelle.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Avimimus said:

No because you cant drive it manually from the first place (pilot operator). In this situation Petrovitch is a pilot commander and you give him orders (but sometimes he goes crazy and smashes the helicopter, especially when he's got to make a quick turn [combat turn] 🤪 , I hope this part will be fixed).

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No because you cant drive it manually from the first place (pilot operator). In this situation Petrovitch is a pilot commander and you give him orders (but sometimes he goes crazy and smashes the helicopter, especially when he's got to make a quick turn [combat turn]  , I hope this part will be fixed).
I think he meant the settings of the sight. Which you can.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

What I noticed, sometimes during attacking a target when you are in the position of a weapons operator (and you are in sight position with signal even and good position for shooting of Cocoon missile) the Petrovitch as pilot near the target suddenly lifts its bow up and completely disrupts the attack. It doesnt continue straight ahead fly simply , but without an order it suddenly changes the position of the nose of copter 😕 Any idea why? Looks like a bug?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Complete FM is WIP at this moment. Petrovich even more so. We all knew that there will be things to finish when ED launched it due to community pressure.

While it is nice to practice ATGM use, due to present bugs, I prefer to shoot with human pilot and let Petrovich do the shooting if solo.

• Like 1

Btw. did you noticed the same? Today I was flying with friend to test MP but I also noticed it in SP (but in MP it came much faster). After few turns the sight changes position in relation to the horizon, it started to look like on this screenshot:

7itrbIK.jpg

Also PILOT see cross of the pilot operator sight at the top of his HUD (or even further). Radiation reset button doesnt help for this situation.

Did you notice it? Looks like a bug (of gyro?).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

16 minutes ago, YoYo said:

After few turns the sight changes position in relation to the horizon, it started to look like on this screenshot:

If you do not turn off OBSERV when making (drastic) turns the sight will become misaligned. Only make very gentle attitude adjustments while operating the sights. If the pilot needs to evade or Petrovich throws a fit close it ASAP to protect the sight.

Edited by Blackeye

13 minutes ago, Blackeye said:

If you do not turn off OBSERV when making (drastic) turns the sight will become misaligned. Only make very gentle attitude adjustments while operating the sights. If the pilot needs to evade or Petrovich throws a fit close it ASAP to protect the sight.

Reduga station was closed immediately.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 2 months later...

Btw. 

I hope that the next patch will bring something better with Petrovich as PILOT.

He flies terribly just: 

♦️ 1/ near each combat turn (CBTM mode, so long hold key down) = crash (mostly by vortex)

♦️ 2/ does not hold height (barometric!) when attacking

♦️ 3/ picks up speed too much instead of holding it up while attacking (when the player is in optical sight), and finally lifts its nose suddenly to brake 😱

these are the most serious issues for Petrovich as Pilot.

+ wishes = voices (confirmation of orders:bye_2:

💪 💪 💪 figers crossed for this !

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Not sure what you poin #1 means, but for #2- most likely target is bellow you, so Petrovich is droping nose to give you firing solution and staying on LOS (if he tries to maintain altitude, that would give you translation which you need to compensate for). #3 is consequence of #2.

16 minutes ago, admiki said:

Not sure what you poin #1 means, but for #2- most likely target is bellow you, so Petrovich is droping nose to give you firing solution and staying on LOS (if he tries to maintain altitude, that would give you translation which you need to compensate for). #3 is consequence of #2.

No, it isnt this, firing solutions are ok from the start, I always aim to have my target exactly 12, direct ahead, next Im going to pilot operator station. To target is more than 10 km mostly or more. The coding of Petrovich here is different from what should be. For example in multiplayer (with real pilot) using of Reduga station with the sight its easy like pice of cake (stable flight and almost 100% hit effectiveness). Offline, AI Petrovich flies like this buddy before the mission 😉:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493boltg070dgltcu64onuu

of course it's still EA so hopefully something will happen for us with his codding and more stable and realistic flight (and it happens soon I hope :notworthy: ).

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I think the biggest problem of "non stable flight" is that Petrovich as pilot uses radar alt (marked on this picture).

cECDonY.jpg

So every small hole and hill makes the whole sight jump so much. This is bad idea. He should be using barometric altitude, not radar or possibly there may be an option for player to choose R or B. This would solve many problems with flight stability and aiming. Hence the big difference between real crew and offline AI.

• Like 3

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2021 at 6:00 PM, Enduro14 said:

That is a good point, i was wondering why Petro was a wobbly goblin.  Hope to see some improvements as the Ai system is genius otherwise and quite the experience in vr as a gunner.

I didnt try it yet with new patch. Maybe we have something new .... ;)?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif