Replay recording will deviate almost immidiately

kunterbunt

I recorded a mission in VR and tried to play it back in 2D to record a video. This is something I do often. Sometimes the playback deviates after a longer period, e.g. 10 minutes, but usually it works.

I recently recorded a mission play-through for the Mi-8 and it went well.

I recorded the same mission with the Mi-24 and tried to play it back. I tried 4 times and got 4 different results already after 1 minute the deviation was easy to spot. The Mi-24 was flying to a totally different direction and i had to stop the recording.

Is this a known issue?

Edited by kunterbunt

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Happened on me. Impossible get track for any bug report as track is in few seconds unusable.

• Like 4

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Why are ED still asking for track files? Does it sometimes work?

can others report if playback works for them (with the usual limits), or if they see same deviation immediately)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

57 minutes ago, kunterbunt said:

Why are ED still asking for track files? Does it sometimes work?

can others report if playback works for them (with the usual limits), or if they see same deviation immediately)

it was working for me a couple days ago... now its hit and miss.

So, there seems to be a kind of trigger that will make it bad sometimes.

We just do not know what the trigger is.

• ED Team

Hi all,

we know the short comings of track replays and it is on our list for the future. 

I work with track replays daily for reproducing issues, 80% work enough to highlight a bug or issue. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi @BIGNEWY, can you confirm my finding, that this is worth with the hind at the moment?

I compared same mission with Mi-8.

With hind, after 1min it travels to a totally different direction.

Do you know what is causing it?

Can we somehow prevent it by not doing something?

On 6/23/2021 at 12:30 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

we know the short comings of track replays and it is on our list for the future. 

I work with track replays daily for reproducing issues, 80% work enough to highlight a bug or issue. 

thanks

I might add that tracks contain more than just a video. Regardless of how it plays out. the track contains log and metadata files

that are useful in diagnosing certain problems.  @BIGNEWY said something about 80%

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU