Gunfighter 2 X-axis spiking

Mango

Axis spiking is usually coming from a bad connection inside the base - just unplug the white connectors and plug them back firmly. While in there, check if there are no broken wires and if the wires are not getting caught by moving parts.

Thanks for the reply.  That's exactly what I'm referring to; it's how I temporarily resolve it.  Why should the connector keep coming loose every month or so?  Is there a replacement subcomponent I could buy from VKB to correct this?  I don't see that anything is pulling on the wires.

Thanks.

Check if the wires are plugged firmly into the white connectors. If they move too much inside the connector they might lose contact temporarily, resulting in those spikes. 

A fix for this would be the latest electronics kit, which replaces all the electronic boards inside the base and the wires (except of those 3 coming from the base connector); it's out on stock as I can see, but it should get resupplied soon.

OK, that's the kind of thing I was looking for.  Thanks!

I see this is actually an upgrade kit from the Mk2 to the Mk3.   What are the benefits of the upgrade?  I'm curious but couldn't find anything on the website.

Edited by Mango

There's also a GFI to GFIII upgrade too. But this is only the electronics upgrade; there's also the top cover and boot upgrade, also the GFIII 4 sets of cams.

The advantages of the electronics kit are higher speed transfer, silicone wires, improved connectors. 

• Like 1