Custom Warthog Throttle Faceplate

LooseCannon

15 hours ago, Antix70 said:

The problem with the TEK creations plate is that he paid little attention to LED layout, so half the lettering was without illumination, if that doesn't matter to you then no biggie. Also for the F/A-18, Launch Bar in place of INTR Wing Inhibit for fuel control makes much more sense, imo.

Not familiar with his products, but my design (as you already know) has the LED layout so the lettering is illuminated to maximum extent possible.

It's a shame that TM didn't provide more LEDs for the rest of the switch positions.  I wonder if anyone has attempted to modify the LED layout on the base throttle?  Would be a lot of work though.

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

Yeah, I have no interest to get inside there and make changes, I'm assuming all of the LED's in there now are PCB mounted, and likely a solid unit. Otherwise adding a couple LED's wouldn't be too impossible, but not for the faint of heart, drilling and soldering to existing LED's would be required.

Honestly though, now that I've switched to VR, the lighting hardly matters, but I still dig having my callsign and Hornet-centric plate over the stock TM plate.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, LooseCannon said:

@Antix70I wish I had some brilliant ideas to give you, but unfortunately, I have not spent any productive time with that module yet.  As always, I'm open to suggestions with that and any other aircraft in DCS.

I'll see what I can come up with. Probably post in the AH-64 forum to ask others. Consensus is always nice

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

LC - I PM'ed you about one of these F/A-18 plates... would like to order one if possible.

i5 11400 ׀ 16GB RAM ׀ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 ׀ Buttkicker Pro ׀ Razer Blackshark V3 Pro ׀ Oculus Rift S VR ׀ TM Warthog Stick/Throttle HOTAS ׀ TM F/A-18C Stick ׀ Logitech G Pro Rudder Pedals ׀ Next Level Racing Boeing Military Cockpit

F/A/18C  -  Super Carrier  -  Nevada

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Everyone,

I was fortunate to come across this thread after switching to WH Throttle last month. I messaged LooseCannon and he customized a plate for me that includes a mix of Strike Eagle and Hornet switches. We worked out the fine details via PMs and he gave me great suggestions for a better layout of the controls I was looking to use. I had the plate in my hands in about a week and it exceeded my expectations.

I followed up with @LooseCannon a few days later about creating a couple of other faceplates for a button box for my rig (again a mix of SE and Hornet controls for radar, INS, master modes, etc.). We again worked out the designs together and he even 3D printed boxes for the faceplates. They came out awesome and I'm in the process of wiring everything up.

Give him a shout if you're looking to customize some controls or looking to add immersion. His communication is top notch and he cares that you get a good product. 

• Like 2