Poll: Things you like about the F-16

SCPanda

Things you like about the F-16 (Multiple Choice)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which aspect of the Viper you like the most?

• Exterior Look/Appearance
    • Interior Look/Cockpit Layout
    • BVR Performance
    • BFM Performance
    • Air to Ground Performance
    • Avionics
    • Weapon Systems
    • FBW/The Feel of Flying the Jet
    • Speed/Acceleration/Climb Rate
    • Easy to Learn
    • SEAD Capability

Like TobiasA the real F-16 is one of my favorite planes

It could do a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

The distinctive shark mouth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

17 hours ago, TobiasA said:

The real F-16, the DCS F-16 as it is now or the DCS F-16 is it is expected to be? 

In game.

12 hours ago, ruddy122 said:

The distinctive shark mouth

Yep. Isn't that the most sexy part of the jet? 😄

• 1 month later...

What an irony, F-16 has been designed together with "The Fighter Mafia" as an ultimate dogfighter and the second smallest amount of people like it's BFM performance...

I guess we need to wait for some early lightweight F-16A with pure maneuverability to show who's the boss in a knife fight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bies said:

What an irony, F-16 has been designed together with "The Fighter Mafia" as an ultimate dogfighter and the second smallest amount of people like it's BFM performance...

I guess we need to wait for some early lightweight F-16A with pure maneuverability to show who's the boss in a knife fight.

Eh?  Er...the Viper's in Early Access and the flight model is a work-in-progress.  All Viper drivers are eagerly awaiting those mods.  

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

On 8/10/2021 at 11:40 PM, Dawgboy said:

Eh?  Er...the Viper's in Early Access and the flight model is a work-in-progress.  All Viper drivers are eagerly awaiting those mods.  

Yes, FM will be revised. But it won't be same drastic change, more like fine tuning I guess. It's FM is already done true to the NASA wind tunnel tests report, ED is doing a great job.

F-16 we have right now is simply very late variant post cold war block 50 CCIP around 2007. According to DCS it weighs some 9000kg empty... It will never be as maneuverable as early F-16A in BFM which was more than 1/4th lighter with exactly the same wing and airframe.

Different era, different purpose.

Edited by bies
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, my favorite thing about the Viper is how it's a small, highly capable fighter that just feels "cozy." I like driving small subcompact automobiles because I can grok where the rest of the car is easily, and the few times I'm driven larger vehicles I get nervous because I can't mentally judge where the rear passneger-side is intuitively.. That's how I feel in a Viper vs. the Tomcat. I also enjoy the F-5E and AV-8B for similar reasons.

Plus, I think the Viper is simply a pretty aircraft and is fun to fly.

• Like 1

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

you forgot to put "Deluxe Vista Canopy" in the poll dude. 😆

• Like 1
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

15 hours ago, bies said:

It will never be like an early F-16A in BFM which was more than 1/4th lighter with exactly the same wing and airframe.

And less acceleration, difference in maneuver is not great.

Edited by Ватрушка

5950X / G.Skill 16GBx2 @3800MHz cl16 / PowerColor Red Devil RX 6800 XT / SSD 980Pro 1TB / LG 27GL850 144Hz / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

27 minutes ago, Ватрушка said:

And less acceleration, difference in maneuver is not great.

Block 30 - the first Big Mouth from 1980s and Desert Storm - has the best T/W, acceleration and climb rate.

Better listen real life F-16 pilots who flied all the different F-16 variants, not Forum Theorist. Pilots called F-16C "lead noses" due to heavy radar inside the nose deteriorating maneuverability, but offering better detection parameters.

"The block 50/60 series are still very good airplanes, and lightly loaded, more than capable of holding their own in a fight. But, because of their higher weight, they just can't turn as quick as the earlier blocks could.

This was lamented by some of the pilots I had at Eglin- we had block 15's through block 50's there. The pilots loved the power and avionics capability of the 50's, but in a straight out visual guns 'fight', the lighter blocks held the upper hand in maneuvering."

Edited by bies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...