Pilot Kill - Non black screen?

Nerdwing

I've lately had several occurrences of total loss of control when my Hind suffered significant damage.  I assumed that this was due to some vital control line being severed, however upon investigation I think it may be a pilot kill scenario that isnt giving the "Black screen" as expected, and as has been established in all other aircraft.  I have in fact received no black screen death scenarios in the Hind, which seemed odd despite its very well protected cockpit.

During the "H-4 Takedown" scenario, I was struck by a Gepard's 35mm HE rounds as shown.  I had a loss of any control inputs, and my helo flew into the ground along the path it had been taking before struck.

I was unable to change to my ATGM operator position as well in this event, which is odd as the log showed no history of him being killed.

bug.png

• Like 1

....why is this marked correct-as-is???

its extremely confusing, there is no indication that youre dead, the only practically noticable difference is that you cant flip switches. all other modules will switch you to external camera and you cant go back into cockpit.

this is a bug.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I noticed the same few times:

9 hours ago, dorianR666 said:

....why is this marked correct-as-is???

its extremely confusing, there is no indication that youre dead, the only practically noticable difference is that you cant flip switches. all other modules will switch you to external camera and you cant go back into cockpit.

this is a bug.

Exactly, its not solved.... I cant use any switches from 1 or 2 place, Hind continues the flight.... so what is correct here?

• Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Further to this, in every instance where I've had the pilot killed, BOTH pilots are always killed. I've never only had only 'Pilot 1' killed, always both 'Pilot 1 and 2'. The most recent one was a Stinger hit to the rear of the airframe, which seems unlikely to kill both pilots, but ok - given that the aircraft can be flown from both cockpits, surely both pilots won't always die, and you should be able to switch seats and fly from the weapon operators seat? Has anybody been able to do this?