Any updates?

Shark 3-1

Exactly what the title says 🙂

Modules I look forward too: BO-105, OH-58, AH-64, BS3, Eurofighter.
Wishlist: Ah-1 (any variant), HH-60 Pavehawk/ UH-60, A-4, AH6, and F-4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

Don't wait for news. I myself have already lost hope. I believe Kiowa should be released around December. If all goes well. Now I really wanted a newsletter to let us know how the project is going. It doesn't need to have dates. Just to calm the community down.

• Like 4

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

There will be no further updates from PC.  Additionally, any opinions that expresses disappointment will ensure this thread also gets locked.  

It's best to just forget the Kiowa and be surprised when it shows up within the next 40 years.

Edited by BIGNEWY
removed 1.3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, skins45 said:

There will be no further updates from PC.  Additionally, any opinions that expresses disappointment will ensure this thread also gets locked.  

It's best to just forget the Kiowa and be surprised when it shows up within the next 40 years.

Against better odds I'll try to lift your mood: one of the devs literally said today that they currently fixing performance values in cruise at all available alts and temperatures, including some nuances that the SMEs came up with. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ArjenHVA said:

Module is still being worked on. Screenshot sharing etc. was reduced because of the negativity.

That’s horrible. I would hate to have something that you work on so hard just to be criticized.

• Like 4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

23 minutes ago, Shark 3-1 said:

That’s horrible. I would hate to have something that you work on so hard just to be criticized.

yup, only takes a handful of jerks to ruin it for everyone else. Gotta love toxic community members. 

• Like 13

The progress on this module is the same as every one I have been excited about: always too slow!

Let me elaborate,

The quality of any module on DCS blows away any other simulator out there. I have tried many of them.  I don’t think ANY module I have been excited about (by any developer) has made the initial, or even updated, timetables for release. Every one of them has exceeded my expectations. I don’t have all of them, but many. Every one has been worth the wait. My biggest concern is project cancellation (P-40). 

The Kiowa is one of the modules I am most excited about, I am a wannabe Scout pilot that only managed to fly UH-60s. But I can get a taste when this comes out. Keep up the good work and release something to be proud of when it is ready.

I don’t know what specific negativity there was that precipitated the comment about no further updates, but it is a shame. If the work in progress isn’t living up to expectations you have the right to not buy the module. But I know you will anyway...

As for me, I anxiously and patiently await Beta!

(Or full release, either way I will be Day One)

Edited by Trunkmunki
Grammar
  • Like 4

Yes, I agree. Off topic but what was your primary mission while flying UH-60’s @Trunkmunki?

Medevac

I feel I should elaborate a bit though; I was fully qualified and on (literally) the day we were to head overseas on my first deployment they figured out I had a lot of civilian fixed wing time and switched me to a C-12, where I spent the remainder of my time in the Army and two deployments. 

I loved the helicopters but “needs of the Army” forced the change and then I got spoiled by being in a very small, largely autonomous unit that often was more like a corporate flight department than a vast military machine. Initially I planned to go back to the 60s but after a couple years I didn’t want to deal with “big Army problems.”

Edited by Trunkmunki
Added text
  • Like 2

Well thank you for your service!

On 6/24/2021 at 3:40 AM, ArjenHVA said:

Module is still being worked on. Screenshot sharing etc. was reduced because of the negativity.

Not at all. It was reduced because they didn't meet their initial deadlines so they dialed back the "hypetrain" that they started to early.

• Like 2

I've been around too long to be surprised when a developer with a track record of a less than great overhyped module like the Gazelle fails to deliver on another project. The Gazelle was one of the poorest modules in DCS only eclipsed by the now defunct VEAO Hawk.  I really hope I'm wrong, but a developer who throws their toys out of the cot because of "negativity" (in other words any criticism) and refuses to give updates is hardly acting in a mature way.  If you develop software, criticism is par for the course, it's what drives you to do better and improve...

• Like 4

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

Oh Boy! Wonder how long before this gets shut down? The well is dry boys!

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

4 hours ago, Fakum said:

Oh Boy! Wonder how long before this gets shut down? The well is dry boys!

Well I really hope it does not.

• Like 2