F-16 Training Module, AM-9 Air to Air Missiles, Missile will not launch

Zippy69

HI All,

I am new to DCS and have been going through the F-16 Training. Finally bucked up and purchased a Logitech X56 HOTAS. The problem I am having is I can not get a missile to fire in the training module. I follow the steps, get growl, when high pitch push up on POV1 to lock radar, close in, press C to uncage the missile, Then release(push button above POV1). Missile never fires. I can follow behind the target for some time and no matter what I do, the missile will not fire.  I am guessing I am missing something. Searched the forums and checked the HOTAS config to no luck.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DCS 2.7.1

Howdy,

just did what you're explaining and was able to fire all missiles, thing is why with the AM-9s you lock radar just let it growl and when think you are close enough press C to uncage get high pitch and press weapon release button, I've got the same Hotas(black edition), and my POV button are for DMS the one next to it is for TMS and the top one is for Trim and obviously the weapon release, so for me the POV1 if I push up on it is for SOI the HUD, hope this help a bit try it without push up POV1, take care maybe someone else can help too again take care and hope it help you somehow.

Remember follow steps on training let it growl get close and press C for uncage and get high pitch the weapon release button ( no POV1 ) to see

Best regards

Edited by Sarabi

12 hours ago, Zippy69 said:

HI All,

I am new to DCS and have been going through the F-16 Training. Finally bucked up and purchased a Logitech X56 HOTAS. The problem I am having is I can not get a missile to fire in the training module. I follow the steps, get growl, when high pitch push up on POV1 to lock radar, close in, press C to uncage the missile, Then release(push button above POV1). Missile never fires. I can follow behind the target for some time and no matter what I do, the missile will not fire.  I am guessing I am missing something. Searched the forums and checked the HOTAS config to no luck.  

DCS 2.7.1

Does your display (MFD) says "RDY" somewhere?

Do you see "ARM" in the HUD?

If above answer is no, than probably Master Arm switch in wrong position, if yes, then check in controls setup which button on the joystick is used for weapon release or pickle

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

The Master Arm is on by default in the training module. I did check it. What I am not seeing is on the DLZ the max and min missile range "box".  It is squeezed to the bottom.

one question I have, do you have to fire immediately or can you wait and follow the target to fire?

The ENABLE switch - depress is mapped to JOY_BTN2 on the joystick.

Still can't get a missile to fire

Edited by Zippy69

Hi!

3 things:

1- Check missile's color, If the missile is blue it's a training missile and can't be fired.

2- Make sure you are in dogfight mode/A-A mode.

3- Make sure master arm is set to arm and not off/training, both those settings wont allow you to fire the missile.

If nothing is help mind sending me the track file? I can have a look at it and tell you what's wrong.

When you finish the mission exit it and you will see a option to save track file, press it and then go to Saved Games> DCS.openbeta> Tracks  and there you should have the track file just drag it upload it and send it to me.

Looking For A Real Dynamic Campaign?

Come And Check Out XSAF!

MAKE SURE TO READ THE RULES AND PERSONALY I RECOMMEND CHECKING OUT SOME VIDS ON YOUTUBE.

Growling Sidewinder's video               Natty Ice's video                              

9 hours ago, Zippy69 said:

The Master Arm is on by default in the training module. I did check it. What I am not seeing is on the DLZ the max and min missile range "box".  It is squeezed to the bottom.

one question I have, do you have to fire immediately or can you wait and follow the target to fire?

The ENABLE switch - depress is mapped to JOY_BTN2 on the joystick.

Still can't get a missile to fire

Cursor Enable isn’t the Weapons Release button. You need Weapons Release (may say Pickle, not at PC can’t verify actual name) in order to release missiles and AG stores on the Viper.

Unlike the Hornet which uses the trigger for AA and Gun. 

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Hi.I'm with=Panther=.

Look for "weapon launch/release button" (my PC is in spanish...), by default RAlt+Space, wich is (i supose) button_2 ) n the joystick (I have a X52 Pro). If Master Arm is set to ARM and you are in A/A mode, the missile should fire, with or without a locked target.

Saludos.

Saca111

On 6/23/2021 at 8:24 PM, Zippy69 said:

. . . Searched the forums and checked the HOTAS config to no luck.  

DCS 2.7.1

Have you clear the categories on (Setting/Control)? if not DCS will assign the same JOY_BTN2 on both (Throttle and Stick), here are my config for BOTH, just save it to your C:\Users\YOUR NAME here\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config folder; then open DCS and go to settings and choose control, pick F-16 SIM on drop down tab, where it says X56 HOTAS Throttle tab click on first space and click Load Profile and choose the falcon throttle then the same with the stick, press ok but before go to all the buttons, then do the training mission again with my config profile, you might be doing something wrong/different since in the mission only things that you have to press is AA-button and all that the instructor tells you to press, unless when he refere to click the Master Arm Switch you click it and turn it off so instead don't click on it SINCE MASTER ARM SWITCH IS ALREADY ARM ON THIS TRAINING MISSION, verify the HUD that it shows ARM so do not click/press when do this step. . .

Hope this help a bit again, take care.

Best regards

X56_Falcon_Throttle.diff.lua X56_Falcon_Stick.diff.lua

Edited by Sarabi