Universal military aircraft homecockpit project

Viper1970

I toss my 2 cents in the initiative started by @Viper1970

I've made those support in order to ease the drilling process and place the brass inserts in the right orientation.
With those support any part of the shell are keeped perfectly horizontal.
The right side (with a little surprise, it was unintentional) is still horizontal even after the assembly.

image.jpeg

Viper I printed the collective 1 year ago. Did you confirm that the outer shape is still the same? I heard of some internal changes (or will to mod) due to support removal difficulties.

NOTE: In the image, you can notice the support slightly out of place. This is because the screws doens't allow the support to fit correctly, without screw they snap in perfectly.

Edited by flanker0ne
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Bit of a long shot as I understand Viper is not doing it anymore, but does anyone have the STL files for the AH64 and OH58 cyclic? I’ve been trying to make my own to no real avail, and then stumbled upon this thread and thought one of you might be able to help me out.

cheers

mackenzie

Edited by Mackenzie546

• 1 month later...

I've been gone from the forum for some time. Did Viper ever make these models available? I'm getting back into DCS and want to add an AH-64 head to my collective.

• Like 1

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

unfortunately, I have a few problems to deal with in real life at the moment. I'm still living with my ex-fiancée, who I split up with six months ago, and I'm desperately looking for an apartment. Unfortunately, this is a real nightmare here in Germany and especially in the Munich area.

When I have my own apartment and the right hardware again which DCS runs smooth on (unfortunately I had to sell everything for the time being), I'll return and will also revise all the HOTAS again. I already have enough ideas. 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg