Leo Bodnar 12-pos switches

Kercheiz

On 11/11/2021 at 5:27 PM, lesthegrngo said:

A question regarding the rotary switches - can you limit them physically to a certain number of positions, or is is a constant rotation 12 position switch?

Les

They look very similar to the C&K ones that I have, which have an indexable stop. It' a washer with a tooth that you insert in the appropriate hole

• 1 month later...

I just finished my little project, and these selectors saved it.

With 6x 12-pos selectors, it would have been 72 inputs and 78 wires, to be added to 5 encoders, 7 axis, and a bunch of levers and buttons.

Now I'm thinking, this could be used for 3-pos ON-ON-ON switches as well, with the 1k resistors.

IMG_3567.jpg

2 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

Now I'm thinking, this could be used for 3-pos ON-ON-ON switches as well, with the 1k resistors.

Without knowing exactly how the code works, it might give odd results, or not work at all, with just 3 or 4 resistors.
You might have to add extra resistance at one end to fool the processor and make the 3 positions the first or last 3 of 12.
It could be worth experimenting.

36 minutes ago, lesthegrngo said:

Or you could use four ON-ON-ON switches wired in series with the resistors? 

Les

That wouldn't give four independent outputs, though.
As I understand it, each of those switches can only select between one of 12 outputs.

6 hours ago, No1sonuk said:

Without knowing exactly how the code works, it might give odd results, or not work at all, with just 3 or 4 resistors.
You might have to add extra resistance at one end to fool the processor and make the 3 positions the first or last 3 of 12.
It could be worth experimenting.

I think on the three first positions the board just sees 1kOhm, 2kOhm, 3kOhms

• Like 1