[REPORTED] AI Wingman Takeoff from Tarawa

BigMotor

In several custom missions my wingman has taxied into takeoff position on the Tarawa but has not departed after I takeoff.  This happens in takeoff from ramp (cold or hot).    I have found 3 ways to work around this problem-  1. Lower weight of wingman to VTOL amount (approx 20,000lbs) and set to takeoff from runway.  He then follows me after a VTO.   2. Set all wind values to zero in the ME, he then operates normally and follows me after an STO.

Or #3. After I takeoff I call the Tarawa and request "Inbound",    the wingman then unsticks (lowers flaps and applies power) and takes off normally.

JD test AI Wingman.trk

• Like 1

• myHelljumper changed the title to [REPORTED] AI Wingman Takeoff from Tarawa
  • 1 month later...

tested this out with a two ship flight. jet1 in the flight has no stores, Jet 2 in the flight has stores. Jet1 will taxi into position, then take off vertically and leave. Jet2 will taxi into position and park with wheel chocks in place. 

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Phew, this has been happening to me too, I thought I had buggered up my install! Glad to hear it's being worked on! 

For what it's worth, I noticed it's happening on CVNs as well, not just the Tarawa.

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, i'm so glad i found this post, i was also worried i'd messed something up. so far they still takeoff from airfields and as far as i can tell will also use vtol on the Tarawa if within the weight limit.

Looking forward to this getting resolved.

• myHelljumper changed the title to [PENDING UPDATE] AI Wingman Takeoff from Tarawa
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 2:06 AM, SorelRo said:

Thanks for this guys, 15 mission campaign in voice over and testing, and I got scared that something bad happened. 😄

Oooh sounds interesting! Will this campaign be available publicly? 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

3 hours ago, Chipwich said:

This bug appears to be fixed now.  Just tested a 4 ship departing the Tarawa and all got off fine.  Thank you.

Excellent news! The latest version is just installing now, I came here just to see if there was any update on this. Thanks for the report, can't wait to continue my campaigns! 

• Like 1

hace 3 horas, jack333 dijo:

Bad news. It does not work😪

Sorry, if it is fixed, what happened to me is that the wingman begins the mission with the chocks removed and when he is going to take off he places them immediately after a few seconds he takes them off and takes off. I apologize again

• Thanks 1

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [SOLVED] AI Wingman Takeoff from Tarawa
On 9/18/2021 at 7:58 AM, jack333 said:

Sorry, if it is fixed, what happened to me is that the wingman begins the mission with the chocks removed and when he is going to take off he places them immediately after a few seconds he takes them off and takes off. I apologize again

Hey @jack333

Have you noticed if this happens if you take off first? Or are you waiting for the wingmen to take off first? For me, if I take off first, the wingmen are following me now, whereas before the update, they stayed on the deck with the chocks as you described. I honestly don't think I've tried it since the update with them taking off first. Also not sure I would know how to command my wingmen to go first, the game always puts me as lead. I'm just about to go play so I will try to remember to check again and see if I can get my wingmen to try going first.

Ok I set myself as #3 in a three ship flight lifting off from the Tarawa. First try was with wingmen below maximum VTOL weight. They all taxiied to the take off spot and lifted off vertically. After this, I loaded everyone up with a full bomb load and tried again. In this case, each wingman taxiied to the take off spot and then (oh no!) The wheel chocks appeared and they gunned their engines with nozzles at what looked like about 30-40 degrees. I thought, oh crap, the big is still there! But after about ten seconds, the wheel chocks disappeared an the jet took off! Second wingman, exact same thing. 

So the wingmen not taking off from ships bug appears to be fixed, but those wheel chocks are definitely still a bug. They appear on terra firma as well, anytime a Harrier stops, like on a busy taxi way, the wheel chocks appear. This is not intended behaviour. Perhaps I'll start a new thread for this since it appears to be separate from the take-off one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
En 20/9/2021 a las 18:19, Sandmonkee dijo:

Ok I set myself as #3 in a three ship flight lifting off from the Tarawa. First try was with wingmen below maximum VTOL weight. They all taxiied to the take off spot and lifted off vertically. After this, I loaded everyone up with a full bomb load and tried again. In this case, each wingman taxiied to the take off spot and then (oh no!) The wheel chocks appeared and they gunned their engines with nozzles at what looked like about 30-40 degrees. I thought, oh crap, the big is still there! But after about ten seconds, the wheel chocks disappeared an the jet took off! Second wingman, exact same thing. 

So the wingmen not taking off from ships bug appears to be fixed, but those wheel chocks are definitely still a bug. They appear on terra firma as well, anytime a Harrier stops, like on a busy taxi way, the wheel chocks appear. This is not intended behaviour. Perhaps I'll start a new thread for this since it appears to be separate from the take-off one.

Yes .That's how it is

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@AlphaJuliet

This appears to not be fixed in the current open beta. The wingman taxis to the tarawa takeoff point and then sits there with flaps up. 

If I contact tarawa and call inbound the wingman immediately takes off. I'll put together a example mission or track if you like. 

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [CAME BACK] AI Wingman Takeoff from Tarawa