[REPORTED] AI Wingman Takeoff from Tarawa

BigMotor

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [Reported] AI Wingman Takeoff from Tarawa

A related issue - if you wait 10 minutes and then take off the wingman doesn't even taxi from the parking spot. They just sit there unresponsive in parking with their engine running.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] AI Wingman Takeoff from Tarawa

I use "Stable Release" version of DCS.  I noticed the other day in setting up a mission that AI wingmen DO NOT take off from the Tarawa.  They, as others have stated here earlier, sit in their parking spaces and do not move.  If I place an independent AI Section as "Late Activation" and "Start from Runway" they will do a vertical take-off but then hang there above the deck and not move any further.  Kind of difficult to make a mission using AI and the Tarawa.  AI wingmen and AI Independant Harriers work fine when taking off from a regular airfield.

Okay, I tested again today and now everything seems to work properly.  The difference is I set all independent flights to only two aircraft and gave them full fuel and weapons loadouts and they take-off and land properly now.  With my own AI wingmen, I cut my flight down from 3 aircraft to just two, me and my AI wingman and that worked properly from a ramp start on the deck.

Hi All,

I am using the latest version as of this time 2.7.9.18080, I have placed 4 Harriers on a Tarawa, set to take off from Runway. When the mission launches, the lead aircraft, looks like he is going to go vertical, then 30 seconds or so in, Wheel Chocks get placed, and he switches to rolling start take off, and you can see that he is throttling up, and for about 5 to 10s he site there not moving, the chocks disappear and he is off

Then the other, tried 1, 2 & 3 units, just sit there and do nothing. I have tried no weapons, fuel levels from 100 down to 50%, no matter what, when the mission launches, everything in paragraph 1 occurs

Thanks 

Update - If I start with carriers cold/dark, they will all eventually take off, but each turns on Landing Light, Chocks appear, nose wheel lifts (weight off????) and the chocks disappear and the aircraft launches, and each one of the flight of 4 does the same thing in turn. 

It was a take off from ramp start,

Track attached for initial problem pre my latest update about cold/dark start

FA-18C-19th-Mission-Harrier-Issues-07012022.trk

Edited by Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors