Mapping Controls to FA-18 Stick and Throttle

I have flown the Hornet exclusively, just purchased the F-16 and downloaded.  I own the Winwing Taurus Throttle which for all practical purposes is an FA-18 throttle, and the only stick I own is the FA-18 which is on the Warthog base (don't have the A-10). There has to be guys out there who have the Hornet stick and throttle who are flying the F-16 right? 

Wondering if you could help me understand which buttons on your stick and throttle you have mapped for which controls? I get it, personal preference, etc., but looking for a good starting point please.

I have flown the Hornet exclusively, just purchased the F-16 and downloaded.  I own the Winwing Taurus Throttle which for all practical purposes is an FA-18 throttle, and the only stick I own is the FA-18 which is on the Warthog base (don't have the A-10). There has to be guys out there who have the Hornet stick and throttle who are flying the F-16 right? 

Wondering if you could help me understand which buttons on your stick and throttle you have mapped for which controls? I get it, personal preference, etc., but looking for a good starting point please.
Whener I map a stick/throttle, I try to use the manual for the module as a reference, so I can get it as close to the real thing as possible because of two things. It's easier for me to remember, and there is probably a good reason for the layout. I rarely use any modifiers as I feel they will defeat the purpose, and I cannot remember them anyway. I don't use T.A.R.G.E.T or similar software for the same reason.
If there are other controls I need often that is cumbersome and slow to reach with the mouse in the heat of things. I have a cheap macro keyboard with individual key lighting, that I try to map depending of where it is in the cockpit. But I would like some panels with rotaries.
I also have TM Cougar MFDs and VoiceAttack/VAICOM.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

For me too I always keep a picture of the real controls beside a picture of what control device I have. I try to make it match position as best I can, left hand does left hand, right index finger does right index finger, button at the bottom is a button on the bottom. Even for keyboard key I do this, "Q" for something way on the left side of the cockpit, "P" for something on the right.

Looking at the throttle device I have some ideas what I would do already but first thing I would try is to use the programming software for more fancy things like 2 buttons = 1 axis. But even without that there are plenty of controls and should be easy matching. F-16 throttle is not that complicated.

• Like 1