NIGHT LIGHTING

CHSStarKiller

On 11/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, Spool said:

Hey JackJack, so during my last deployment on Stennis as the Mini, we had low level blue floods aft of the island. Forward had low ambers...you're right forward and aft have different settings for when Boss yells "SET RECOVERY LIGHTS". The low level blues are so low that they are worthless if you come topside from underneath the ship and your eyes haven't adjusted...but if you're in the junkyard pre-flighting a Hawkeye (like I used to do...) they are JUST enough to not trip over tie-downs...most of the time!

I feel like I know who you are. I was on the Nimitz in Bremerton next door to the Stennis. 

And I've tripped over plenty tie downs as well, going to and from the Crash Shack! Lighting always sucks back there!

Edited by Jackjack171

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

On 12/16/2021 at 7:31 AM, Jackjack171 said:

I feel like I know who you are. I was on the Nimitz in Bremerton next door to the Stennis. 

And I've tripped over plenty tie downs as well, going to and from the Crash Shack! Lighting always sucks back there!

It's possible! I did my U/I Mini training on Nimitz during her 2017 deployment, so you might have seen me there...

-Spool

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Discord:https://discord.gg/b8AgE5m

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
9 hours ago, diveplane said:

do we have a eta on this yet?

I can not give any ETA currently. Wands are planned, hopefully we will see them in 2022. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I can not give any ETA currently. Wands are planned, hopefully we will see them in 2022. 

How about reflective patches on gloves, just like what is already on the vests, so we can see them at night without having to turn on landing lights or resort to NVGs?  It seems like this could be done as a stop gap (in 2 weeks 😜).

Edited by WOPR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Wow, we are nearly 2 years post launch, had wands teased nearly a year ago, and still are nowhere near a public release. This is very disappointing progress, and it does feel like the supercarrier has become an afterthought with soon to be three new module releases since.

I'm honestly very disappointed with the slow progress on the SC for all listed features. I don't think 2 years off virtually no progress is reasonable.

• Like 1

• ED Team

The reality is if it is not ready for public yet and I say " it's coming on this date " and it does not make that date I get angry messages from users. 

I say planned because it is, I do not give a date because I can not, like it or not that is how it is. 

• Like 5

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

The reality is if it is not ready for public yet and I say " it's coming on this date " and it does not make that date I get angry messages from users. 

I say planned because it is, I do not give a date because I can not, like it or not that is how it is. 

Like it or not expect people to also give feedback that 2 years is a long time to wait for a fix for something that has been reported as a day 1 ommision.

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, Aarnoman said:

Like it or not expect people to also give feedback that 2 years is a long time to wait for a fix for something that has been reported as a day 1 ommision.

feedback is fine, we are well aware this feature is highly anticipated and it is planned, as I have already mentioned. Lets not turn this into trolling. 

11 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

feedback is fine, we are well aware this feature is highly anticipated and it is planned, as I have already mentioned. Lets not turn this into trolling. 

Is not just that feature, its ANY new feature, and of course all the present bugs , there´s even a missing carrier (the Stennis). By some stardards, customers can also say to ED, not to turn this into trolling.

• ED Team

We are bringing new features to DCS with the Supercarrier, the work is complex and will take time, without early access we would not be able to bring any of these modules to you all. 

We have a short break planned for Christmas and new year and we will be back hard at work, as soon as we have news to share we will share it. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’d be happy with a simple command via the Comms menu to set lights to a few configurations and they stay like that until you change them. 

This way we can control the environment without random switching that doesn’t suit time of day, sun in the eye, weather etc. 

1 hour ago, PeneCruz said:

I’d be happy with a simple command via the Comms menu to set lights to a few configurations and they stay like that until you change them. 

Unrealistic. Pilot does not decide about the deck lights.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I honestly DO NOT understand this complaining about the glow sticks. I have had the Supercarrier since day one and use it constantly. I have ZERO issues with navigating the  deck at night. I'll take the FPS hit on the night lighting fixed, new briefing room, etc... 1,000,000,000 times over the glow sticks.

• Like 1

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

3 hours ago, wilbur81 said:

I honestly DO NOT understand this complaining about the glow sticks. I have had the Supercarrier since day one and use it constantly. I have ZERO issues with navigating the  deck at night. I'll take the FPS hit on the night lighting fixed, new briefing room, etc... 1,000,000,000 times over the glow sticks.

The wands as they are called (not glow sticks) are a part of night lighting! Anyone that knows anything about carrier aviation knows this! I'd take the wands over a briefing room. Who am I briefing with? It's nice to have and I wont complain but wands are more of an operational (albeit simulated) thing! We've had to use the taxi light and nav lights at night since the SC was released...which is unrealistic and sort of kills immersion to a point! Night lighting and wands go together like Peanut butter and jelly!

• Like 4

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

1 hour ago, Jackjack171 said:

The wands as they are called (not glow sticks) are a part of night lighting! Anyone that knows anything about carrier aviation knows this! I'd take the wands over a briefing room. Who am I briefing with? It's nice to have and I wont complain but wands are more of an operational (albeit simulated) thing! We've had to use the taxi light and nav lights at night since the SC was released...which is unrealistic and sort of kills immersion to a point! Night lighting and wands go together like Peanut butter and jelly!

Man, that's a lot of exclaiming. 

58 minutes ago, Jackjack171 said:

I just type hyper is all...wired up from the gym! My bad!

My friend... I've done way worse when I wasn't wired up. :thumbup:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, draconus said:

Unrealistic. Pilot does not decide about the deck lights.

Maybe, they don't fly from a simpit either. Our real simulators allow us to change many aspects of the environment to suit the training/mission objectives. The lack of control and faulty logic is an issue easily resolved with giving control to the user.

3 hours ago, PeneCruz said:

Maybe, they don't fly from a simpit either. Our real simulators allow us to change many aspects of the environment to suit the training/mission objectives. The lack of control and faulty logic is an issue easily resolved with giving control to the user.

I'm not against the feature - just for a proper implementation - be it mission trigger/option, airboss or the fixed logic.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria