Unable to contact tanker

honeycool75

I'm on latest DCS OB DCS 2.7.2.8165.2, been using Viacom Pro without issues for the past one year.

Easy comm = off

Aircraft = M2000C

Issue 1:

It use to work for me when I say command: Tanker (or callsign of tanker)...Select, it will switch to the available tanker frequency. Now I get this error:

image.png

Issue 2. So, I manually tuned to the Tanker Frequency, e.g. radio 2 = 251.000 and I see the tanker listed in the comm text menu. I say command: Tanker...Approaching for refuel

image.png

image.png

If I'd manually communicate with the tanker via the comm text menu, the tanker responded, so the tanker was indeed available.

image.png

I'm puzzle why viacom doesn't work anymore. I've used those simple commands for AAR over and over again countless times in the past.

Can someone please double-confirm if experiencing the same issue?

Thanks.

Edited by honeycool75

5 hours ago, honeycool75 said:

I'm on latest DCS OB DCS 2.7.2.8165.2, been using Viacom Pro without issues for the past one year.

Easy comm = off

Aircraft = M2000C

Issue 1:

It use to work for me when I say command: Tanker (or callsign of tanker)...Select, it will switch to the available tanker frequency. Now I get this error:

image.png

Issue 2. So, I manually tuned to the Tanker Frequency, e.g. radio 2 = 251.000 and I see the tanker listed in the comm text menu. I say command: Tanker...Approaching for refuel

image.png

image.png

If I'd manually communicate with the tanker via the comm text menu, the tanker responded, so the tanker was indeed available.

image.png

I'm puzzle why viacom doesn't work anymore. I've used those simple commands for AAR over and over again countless times in the past.

Can someone please double-confirm if experiencing the same issue?

Thanks.

I don't have SRS installed, but I have just gone in the M2000 and managed to get a response on TX2 (once I had sorted the issue of VA deciding to change the mic device) for approaching to refuel.

I have Easy Comms off and tried both with Select...Texaco as the first command and just asking for Approaching for Refuel. I wonder if it is therefore something to do with the way you have the new VOIP control settings set.

1 hour ago, jeepster said:

i get a very simular issue. 

multiplayer, several tankers, vaicom takes a random tanker independently what freq is tuned

This is a different issue - you get a response from the nearest tanker (assuming they all have the same base callsign such as Texaco)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

checked it in single player and had the same issue as in mp

2 tanker, texaco (252Mhz) and Arco (251Mz).

i tune 252Mz and ask texaco for refueling, player voice calls texaco, texaco answers, i abort refueling

now i tune 251Mz and ask arco for refueling, player voice calls texaco on arco freq and gets no answer

checked it in single player and had the same issue as in mp
2 tanker, texaco (252Mhz) and Arco (251Mz).
i tune 252Mz and ask texaco for refueling, player voice calls texaco, texaco answers, i abort refueling
now i tune 251Mz and ask arco for refueling, player voice calls texaco on arco freq and gets no answer

Try "Arco select" first?
I had issues with ATC, that it switched to a different airfield if I didn't explicitly call name in every command.
Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk