After training missions. What?

peirof

Hi, 

It was to ask for recommendations on where to start/follow.

I've done the training missions (with more or less success). And now I wanted to ask where we recommend going...

Whether by a campaign or by missions?

And which ones do you recommend for it?

Is there any Dlc that is a "must" for the F18? 

Thanks in advance

I've seen many missions and campaigns in the downloads section

Edited by peirof
  • Like 1

GUAU...!!!!!!

an impressive job, CONGRATULATIONS TO DEVELOPERS .... I did not see anything like it since the Falcon BMS.

If DCS were to include something like that natively, it would border on perfection.

The only but ... is that maybe it will be above my current level, but without a doubt I will do this campaign in the future. I'm looking for something simpler ...

It looks to be very replayable

Thanks

• 1 month later...

The Hornets training missions do not cover many of the aircrafts capabilities such as guided munitions, HARMs and radar usage. Have you learnt these skills? I only ask because at some point in a campaign they will be required and I’ve had to setup my own training with these skills.

• Like 2

En 1/8/2021 a las 0:52, Barra1 dijo:

The Hornets training missions do not cover many of the aircrafts capabilities such as guided munitions, HARMs and radar usage. Have you learnt these skills? I only ask because at some point in a campaign they will be required and I’ve had to setup my own training with these skills.

That seemed to me... 

That there are weapons and systems that are not dealt with in training missions...

And in the download area... Are there easy missions to use weapons and systems that you don't see in training? Radar and submodes, for example... 

My missions are very amateurish and are based on my skill sets and abilities. That said if you know Mission Editor basics then you would probably want a mission to practice using HARMs, a mission for guided munitions (laser and GPS) and probably a mission to practice ground radar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To OP, I would definitely suggest the Serpent's Head campaign by Badger.

Great scripting, and fantastic learning curve that let you slowly build up your practical knowledge.

The first campaign is freely available on DCS website.

The follow up Serpent's Head 2 and Rise of the Persian Lion are paying DLC. They are worth every pennies. 

Super carrier module is recommended and the Syrian Map needed for the 3rd campaign IRC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pixie said:

To OP, I would definitely suggest the Serpent's Head campaign by Badger.

Great scripting, and fantastic learning curve that let you slowly build up your practical knowledge.

The first campaign is freely available on DCS website.

The follow up Serpent's Head 2 and Rise of the Persian Lion are paying DLC. They are worth every pennies. 

Super carrier module is recommended and the Syrian Map needed for the 3rd campaign IRC.

Not Syria map, Persian Gulf map for Rise of the Persian Lion.

Fully agree - Serpents Head, Serpents Head 2, and Rise of the Persian Lion in that order are excellent first campaigns for the Hornet!

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Look at 'Oil in the Water' campaign also. Be warned, there will be times that you will be frustrated. Some of the weapons are NOT real intuitive to learn. I have been stuck on missions in all the campaigns mentioned above, flying some missions as many as 15 times before succeeding. But, both of these 'authors' have been very, very responsive to my questions. And wow, when I finally get it, I know I have accomplished something worthwhile. When I get frustrated, I just go back to the included missions that I have already flown may times and take a day, or two, or three, of less frustration and more fun. But you know what? In the back of my mind there is always the thought that dang, I have GOT to get through that mission in that campaign so.... I hit it again.

2 hours ago, CBStu said:

Look at 'Oil in the Water' campaign also. Be warned, there will be times that you will be frustrated. Some of the weapons are NOT real intuitive to learn. I have been stuck on missions in all the campaigns mentioned above, flying some missions as many as 15 times before succeeding. But, both of these 'authors' have been very, very responsive to my questions. And wow, when I finally get it, I know I have accomplished something worthwhile. When I get frustrated, I just go back to the included missions that I have already flown may times and take a day, or two, or three, of less frustration and more fun. But you know what? In the back of my mind there is always the thought that dang, I have GOT to get through that mission in that campaign so.... I hit it again.

Hmm interesting I will have to try this one next I think. Thanks for the suggestion.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|