My kingdom for a Ka-52...

Grievo

Has the implementation of the Mi-24P's Petrovich AI crewman, and the liklihood of a similar, if not improved version for the AH-64D module, combined with the vast amount of work already put into Ka-50 models, sparked interest in developing the Ka-52?

I'm sure I'm not alone in being very keen for this model to be in DCS. I love the Black Shark, but it's limited use by the Russians takes away from the module somewhat, where as the Ka-52 has been more widely adopted.

Or would the issues with the recent laws on modelling current Russian equipment in games like DCS be too limiting?

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, notproplayer3 said:

You're not alone in being very keen for a ka52 😉

Unfortunately seeing how the BS3 is unable to have the president S system implemented, I doubt the much more system heavy ka52 will ever be done in the near future. 

has the 52 been upgraded significantly since it’s introduction? Would an older iteration get past the laws?

12 minutes ago, Grievo said:

has the 52 been upgraded significantly since it’s introduction? Would an older iteration get past the laws?

Not from what I see, any ka52 is quite advanced, even the first models, much more so than the ka50 we have in game and even the BS3. 

So I doubt this big step up in systems is going to pass quietly through these new Russian laws. 

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

4 minutes ago, notproplayer3 said:

Not from what I see, any ka52 is quite advanced, even the first models, much more so than the ka50 we have in game and even the BS3. 

So I doubt this big step up in systems is going to pass quietly through these new Russian laws. 

Damned secretive Russians. Don’t they know they’re ruining a potentially great module?

Mi-28 would be pretty sweet too… so that’s two great modules all because of their trust issues!!

• Like 3

maybe we can get the ka-52k that they sold to Egypt after France refused to sell Russia the mistral assault ships.

Ka-52k was supposed to be the attack helicopter for the ships in Russian service.

its navalised with folding rotors.

or the ka-52 Nile crocodile they sold to egypts land forces.

getting data on export versions seems a lot easier.

• Like 1

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

The 52 would make sense if the Apache gets its radar, but otherwise I'd probably be content with the ka-50 just having better nightvision camera or, better yet, IR on the EO sensor and more predictable target acquisition, especially for airborne ones.  The Iglas would be icing on the cake.  I also find that helos in general aren't as stealthy at low altitude or near objects as they could be.

Edited by Reticuli

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

59 minutes ago, Mower said:

Worry not, a far more effective platform is coming:  the LongBow, beats any Ka- hands down.

In maintenance hours for sure the Apache beats any helo out there. Hopefully ED simulates that by only allowing you to fly it 70% of the hours in a week 🤣

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gunnar81 said:

In maintenance hours for sure the Apache beats any helo out there. Hopefully ED simulates that by only allowing you to fly it 70% of the hours in a week 🤣

Pfft, thats the price of superior technology.  The LB millimeter radar combined with radar-guided Hellfires DOMINATES the ground battle.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

50 minutes ago, Mower said:

Pfft, thats the price of superior technology.  The LB millimeter radar combined with radar-guided Hellfires DOMINATES the ground battle.

Yawn … no thanks.

The whole AH-64 just being another gigantic push-to-win button for people to confuse with their own skill.

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, mmarques said:

I'm not a big fan of the Ka-50 but I really like the navalized Ka-52 used on the Kuznetsov.

That gives me a sense of painting plastic model airplanes or doing new liveries for MS flight simulator series, and that's stuff I never got into.  Never built & painted model airplanes as a kid and I've got X-Plane modded acfs that literally have no paint job... hah hah. 

I fixate on how well the helo will work with mass consumer HOTAS & pedals (I'm pretty forgiving of that to a point considering my use of PPJoy & GlovePIE) and can it be used to play effectively in a game that's entertaining & engaging.  I mean, if the 3D model from the outside looked ugly or the real thing was manufactured by ISIS wouldn't matter to me.  How does it fly, can I fly it naturally with the gear I've got, and can it fight well without being either too dominating or being dominated too much.  That sweet balancing act is when you get situations where you just barely succeed through extreme focus and ingenuity, rather than it becoming just boring, rote procedurals.  Some of the switchology I can take or leave, actually, as I don't bother with long start-ups or shut-downs.  I might even go so far as to say I'd prefer the single-seat version mostly because I'm usually not interested in buddying up or having to change seats frequently.  Might...  If given a choice and you could do all the functions in the pilot seat of the 52, had the FLIR, etc, then obviously I'd be loving the 52.  In EECH 1.16.2 the only reason I am more likely to fly in the 52 than the 50 when I have a choice is because someone tried to replicate DCS BS's drab EO target system and arguably way overdid it to the point you're more likely to find targets with the EECH Ka-50 HMS than with the EO.  The weird thing, though, is they're calling it the N model and handicapping it like that with a really washed out FLIR that won't let you lock targets until you're right on top of them and getting shot down.  But I digress...

Edited by Reticuli

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

On 6/29/2021 at 5:53 PM, Mower said:

Worry not, a far more effective platform is coming:  the LongBow, beats any Ka- hands down.

Shouldn't the Apache already have problems against the KA50? at least when it comes to pure armament.

Hellfire ~8km and no Proximity fuze
9K121 Vikhr ~10km and Proximity fuze

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LB deploys radar guided fire and forget Hellfires, Ka only laser guided andso can only fire 1 missile at a time and has to remain exposed.

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

20 minutes ago, AlphaOneSix said:

Both missiles have a lot of benefits and drawbacks depending on your circumstances. Not really worth saying one is better than another.

Disagree, brother.  If a LB can use its mm wave radar to map and entire scene by sticking its rotor mast above a rise in terrain, drop back down, and ripple fire multiple fire and forget Hellfires while masked, not to mention share the data and assign targets among multiple platforms, WHILE Ka cannot, which is the better killer?

• Like 1

But also the FCR isn't what you might imagine from marketing material. It's not nearly a clear picture always identifying targets as-is. False positives are very much a thing. So less of parking behind trees and yeeting off 16 hellfires at unsuspecting targets, and more of an occasionally-helps-identify-something-that-may-need-sights-on-it. So maybe, possibly points you to a place, then check it out with the M-PNVS etc to confirm if you're looking at an outhouse or an enemy tank. Then only launch, and more likely a laser-guided Hellfire.

ps. I'm not saying the FCR is complete garbage, just not nearly as a perfect-detection & auto-lock system as one would imagine.

In terms of sharing data, the Ka-50 already could share targets with 2 button presses, and get sensors-on with 2 buttons. Not sure how much faster you could make that. I'd guess the Ka-52 meant to be the same, but more modern would also have a fast sharing mechanism.

If you were to want to argue purely which is the better killer, then sure an Apache probably has better avionics, but at double the probably cost of a Ka-52, nevermind the high cost of Hellfires, I'd probably favour 2 Ka-52s vs a single Guardian. Can't comment on radar accuracy or ranges of the Vikhrs vs Hellfire Romeos as those things get bit classified.

• Like 4

For Black Shark tutorials, visit my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LgdvOGP3SSNUGVN95b8Bw

KA-50 BS3 will not get the president S defensive suite?

Is this true or gossip?

There will be nothing after the BS3 and Hind for REDFOR, perhaps some older airframes.

BS3 needs to be as good as it can get!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

7 minutes ago, Rogue Trooper said:

KA-50 BS3 will not get the president S defensive suite?

Is this true or gossip?

There will be nothing after the BS3 and Hind for REDFOR, perhaps some older airframes.

BS3 needs to be as good as it can get!

As far as I know, BS3 will get a MAWS but not the DIRCM it was originally intended to also include. So it will have part of the President-S suite, I think.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

3 minutes ago, WinterH said:

As far as I know, BS3 will get a MAWS but not the DIRCM it was originally intended to also include. So it will have part of the President-S suite, I think.

Phew, Maws is a must.

DIRCM would be nice to have also but perhaps is not possible.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.