SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

Well . . . This is going to be a ‘must have’!

Nice work, and much needed to be honest.

• Like 4

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Amazing work, they look awesome!

You think it would be possible to add them all as "Ground Unit", rather than "Static Object".

Ground Units can easily be grouped, moved as such and saved as a Template for further usage.

Either way, great stuff and thanks much for your effort!

• Like 1

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

4 hours ago, SkyKnight said:

Outstanding!!  I've been waiting for this since you teased it on Facebook almost a year ago!!  Thank you!

Thanks for keeping with us that long, and sorry for the delays... 🙂

3 hours ago, =52d= Skip said:

You think it would be possible to add them all as "Ground Unit", rather than "Static Object".

Ground Units can easily be grouped, moved as such and saved as a Template for further usage.

I'd like to avoid cluttering up the Ground Unit menu, even more so when we already have a ton of new units with the HDSM. I'll see what I can do about preset bases though. Maybe save them as static template and not regular template would do?

1 hour ago, Ian Boys UK said:

I really like them.

When using the EWR, I see them as Search emitters (on RWR) but even after setting freq and callsign, I cannot see them in the GCI/AWACS radio menu or get calls from them? 

Yeah, that's on me. Small coding error on the release build, I'll fix that in the upcoming hours. As a general rule however, the new radars are supposed to operate as EWR when used along Skynet IADS and/or MOOSE, not in standalone as the default EWR radars from ED.

13 minutes ago, Ian Boys UK said:

Please could you do them in green too (for Caucasus)?

Not planned yet, first we want to expand the current set of units as well as adding new skins for the HDSM vehicles, so quite a lot of work in the pipeline already.

Edited by LetMePickThat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

thank you guys, this is really cool and heavily awaited stuff! could you please also provide a caucasus template version/with green radar hills and typical camo to provide stuff like this?

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/big-mesh.htm

best case would be an update of this:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/59504/

this would be great addition for cold war scenarios and give  a new depth of the dcs game play!

8 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

Thanks for keeping with us that long, and sorry for the delays... 🙂

I'd like to avoid cluttering up the Ground Unit menu, even more so when we already have a ton of new units with the HDSM. I'll see what I can do about preset bases though. Maybe save them as static template and not regular template would do?

Thanks for the answer!

Static Templates are great if you want to place the same things at the very same spot every time.

A generic SAM Site Template, I imagine, would need some moving and fine adjustment after placing them where ever the user likes to.

The "Unarmed" Category in the Ground Vehicles section is pretty empty, even more so if one does select a Sub. Category. And with the ERO Prefix they are easy enough to identify.

Anyway, I don´t want to appear overly demanding or ungrateful. You did a great job already and I say Thank You for what I can get; just trying to improve the long term usability.

Green Camo for the Units I guess some talented Skinners could take on themselves. 

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

38 minutes ago, =52d= Skip said:

Thanks for the answer!

Static Templates are great if you want to place the same things at the very same spot every time.

A generic SAM Site Template, I imagine, would need some moving and fine adjustment after placing them where ever the user likes to.

The "Unarmed" Category in the Ground Vehicles section is pretty empty, even more so if one does select a Sub. Category. And with the ERO Prefix they are easy enough to identify.

Anyway, I don´t want to appear overly demanding or ungrateful. You did a great job already and I say Thank You for what I can get; just trying to improve the long term usability.

Green Camo for the Units I guess some talented Skinners could take on themselves. 

I'll try to find a way to add at least some props as ground units.

As for the green camo, it's unlikely that someone could do it because we haven't got a paintkit per se, textures are baked in the model for now. However, if people keep asking for it, we'll consider a Caucasus version of the mod I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetMePickThat said:

I'll try to find a way to add at least some props as ground units.

As for the green camo, it's unlikely that someone could do it because we haven't got a paintkit per se, textures are baked in the model for now. However, if people keep asking for it, we'll consider a Caucasus version of the mod I think. 

That would be a benefit, and not aesthetically restrict your work to Sandy maps. I know that they can be put anywhere, but with models this good - and they really are - having the colours that fit with the two general area types (Sandy/green or camo) would be a boon.

Regardless however, this pack is a must have, and thank you for your time and work. :notworthy:

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

2 hours ago, Чарик80 said:

Sorry-I didn't understand-these are units or just models(dummies).

They are Static units.

Update: now they are Ground Units as stated below 🙂

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

1 hour ago, LetMePickThat said:

They are now ground objects, this allows sites to be saved as templates and reused later in other missions/maps.

Thank you! Yes now i will create awesome templates for my missions. Good work, really appreciated.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

4 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

They are now ground objects, this allows sites to be saved as templates and reused later in other missions/maps.

WOW!

A great Mod and Lightning fast Updates; one can not ask for more!

Thanks much, greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

52d_Sig_Pic3.png