SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

A common, longstanding, problem with objects.  Even if you remove an object in the ME and try to place something else over that position often as not it will end up high in the air.  I have found over the years that if you move your new object slightly off the removed objects shadow (it's still there even after removal), you will find a position that gets it back on the ground. The trick is as you describe, if your placing 2 objects one over the other move both object a little off centre of each other, you have to play around with it to make it work, but that usually does the trick. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 9:21 AM, clanitho said:

I congratulate you for the realization of these mod, very good work, is it possible to add to this mod the Russian equivalent of the MHU-141 with Russian weapons?

Something along the lines of this quick draft?

image.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Strigoi_dk said:

Something along the lines of this quick draft?

image.png

Yes exactly 👍

• Like 2

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Very good job 👍

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

10 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Looks good but the black rings mean they're practice missiles.  That said, stoked!

Missiles are place holders for now, nonetheless good to know, thanks. We are investigating whether we can place the existing nice ED models using connectors on the racks, but if this fails we intend to make "simple" models for the prop, i.e. none-practice missiles 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Strigoi_dk said:

image.png

Yes you did it ! Fantastic.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

I'm working on the carts, as well as some other props. I should release a small update in the upcoming days to flesh a few things out.

Cool, thanks 👍

Hi all,

I just published a small patch for the mod, including the following changes:

- Fixed an issue where some radars could not be used with the Skynet script,

- Fixed the GT.life value of all units to avoid the "spawn dead" problem,

- Added a few weapon carts with Soviet/Russian weapons.

As the latest update featured a fix for the static objec collision models, I'll see if/how we can use that to our advantage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

I found this under shapes and my eyes are wide open.  I tried to find the objects in Mission Planner, flailed and failed.:

image.png

Also under textures...

image.png

I hope this means what I think it means... 😉

Yep, we're working on a bunch of Insurgency vehicles.

We still have things to polish on them but they should be released shortly. You can expect AA versions (with 23mm and 14.5mm guns) as well as unarmed variants.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.09.13 - 11.14.55.50.png

ZU-23_pos is already available in the mission editor ("ERO ZU-23" under fortifications), it's just a revetment to protect a fixed ZU-23 gun:

Capturer.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2