SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

While we wait, one more batch of screenshots... and if you think this isn't accurate layout please say something as this mission's remaining problems are otherwise F-16 planning and if I also have Su-27s on QRA...

Screen_211212_024925.png
Layout of the S300 site in Mission Planner

Screen_211212_020825 (2).png
A B&W Look

Screen_211212_020836 (2).png
Good Look at the S300 Site in B&W from... an imaginary CIA agent's mini drone

Screen_211212_021237.png
S300 Lifting Off

Screen_211212_021228.png A S300 SAM Leaving the Tube

Screen_211212_022340 (3).png
My A-10C Banking Around As A CBU-103 Hits

Hope you all enjoy.

Edited by AvgeekJoe

12 minutes ago, AvgeekJoe said:

and if you think this isn't accurate layout please say something

I'm not a SAM expert, but to my eyes the layout elements are too near each other .. for my own SAM sites I tend to spread them out a bit more, like this:

6tQyUxB.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Texture rework looks incredibly adept and professionally done. This is a great mod. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

This is a great Mod, but a nice SAM site takes a while to build, so I take care to save them as Static Templates so I can reuse them later. I also strive to use the terrain marks that the Persian Gulf Map has, to build my layout around them, like this:

w9idLp6.jpg

I also use a trigger to remove trees that are within the SAM site, so it looks cleaner ... also, love to add detail without going overboard, like entrance gates and communications antennaes:

rxb8LN5.jpg

wyNIZ5i.jpg

apyYJC8.jpg

All in all, a great Mod ... I really appreciate all the hard work of its authors 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Am 29.11.2021 um 21:41 schrieb Scaley:

I came here to post exactly the same suggestion about helipad related objects.  One thing that would be good and easy would be to take the concrete pads from the top of one of the elevated revetments and put it at/very near ground level.  That would be a good landing pad in place of the very very old ED FARP object.

Just, put a couple tires to mark the "pad" and place the "invisible FARP" object in-between. Spawning objects, on top of other objects, can be "interesting" sometimes, but spawning Helos on the ground works fine and with the "invisible FARP" we can create quite convincing FARPs, Expeditionary airfields and improvised staging areas...

• Like 3

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Well well well, it's update time. Just small changes, for now.

• Fixed improper use of add_surface_unit(GT) that would cause duplication errors in DCS' log for various units.
  • Added the following units:
    • Armed:
      • AAA ZU-23 Toyota armored technical
      • AAA ZU-23 Toyota technical
    • Unarmed:
      • Toyota Camo
      • Toyota Red
      • Toyota Clown
      • Toyota Desert
      • Toyota Red

Each "unarmed" Toyota has subtle variations in payload (and color, obviously), to allow users to create whatever scenario they want, from a dead-serious militia convoy to the famous Hmeimim AB Buggey Contest (tm).

KNOWN BUGS:

• The armored variant of the ZU-23 technical doesn't have more armor than the regular version (will fix asap)
  • The ZU-23 variants have no gun sound (will fix...when I find a fix I guess)

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.12.15 - 00.22.42.77.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.12.15 - 00.54.59.07.jpg

Edited by LetMePickThat
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6

vor 11 Stunden schrieb LetMePickThat:

• Fixed improper use of add_surface_unit(GT) that would cause duplication errors in DCS' log for various units.
    • Armed:
    • Unarmed:
      • Toyota Camo
      • Toyota Red
      • Toyota Clown
      • Toyota Desert
      • Toyota Red

Each "unarmed" Toyota has subtle variations in payload (and color, obviously), to allow users to create whatever scenario they want, from a dead-serious militia convoy to the famous Hmeimim AB Buggey Contest (tm).

KNOWN BUGS:

• The armored variant of the ZU-23 technical doesn't have more armor than the regular version (will fix asap)
  • The ZU-23 variants have no gun sound (will fix...when I find a fix I guess)

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.12.15 - 00.22.42.77.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.12.15 - 00.54.59.07.jpg

Thank you so much for this! The pickup trucks are brilliant!

Over a decade overdue...

• Like 2

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

On 12/14/2021 at 3:58 PM, LetMePickThat said:

• Armed:
    • Unarmed:
      • Toyota Camo
      • Toyota Red
      • Toyota Clown
      • Toyota Desert
      • Toyota Red

I only see the armored technical and one Toyota Red @LetMePickThat in mission editor.

3 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

I only see the armored technical and one Toyota Red @LetMePickThat in mission editor.

I haven’t installed it yet, but the Toyota probably has several liveries available.

Really love the new Toyota pack! Any chance of getting this version with armed troops in the back for a future update? After all the pick up is the personal carrier of all those guerrilla groups. If you make one with armed guys and one with unarmed guys, the helo pilots will have to check it before firing!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/FOUzNIH.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TR3Nx1b.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/VQ8s8SM.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/KRTk61c.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IT9Q4MS.png[/img]

chad_toyota-land-cruiser-northern-chad-1984-07.png

gettyimages-954124950-594x594.png

toyota2Bafrica.png

toyota-blog-2.png

toyota-wars.png

Edited by Stratos
  • Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I haven’t installed it yet, but the Toyota probably has several liveries available.

Please give a shot at Beta 1.8.1.

There was indeed a problem with the regular ZU-23 technical, but I wasn't able to see anything wrong with the other, non-AAA vehicles.

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Really love the new Toyota pack! Any chance of getting this version with armed troops in the back for a future update? After all the pick up is the personal carrier of all those guerrilla groups. If you make one with armed guys and one with unarmed guys, the helo pilots will have to check it before firing

I get the idea, but modelling realistic human beings is a nightmare and this would take a long time. There are already versions of the Toyota with or without light weaponry in the trunk (AKs, RPGs, the like) so you can already set up civilian and militia convoys.

Edited by LetMePickThat
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, LetMePickThat said:

I tried to download it, but the link on the 1st post seems to be a private one 🙁  ... wish it would be uploaded to ED's User Files instead.

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I tried to download it, but the link on the 1st post seems to be a private one 🙁  ... wish it would be uploaded to ED's User Files instead.

Fixed.

I'm not a huge fan of ED User Files because it doesn't lend itself very well to frequent or automated updates. With Google Drive, I can iterate quickly to provide fixes and updates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, LetMePickThat said:

Do you run other mods? If so, which ones?

image.png

I have a lot of mods on my users folder. I will check what is in conflict with this.

Thanks

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

5 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

Hello,

I've just tried it and it works perfectly .. no problem with the Toyota's windows. A small issue is that locating the ZU-23 Toyotas was a bit hard, as their names does not have the ERO prefix.  I took the opportunity to update the Catalog document that I did to make it easier to select them when editing missions. 

Thanks a lot for sharing this Mod with the community 👍

Catalog of SAM Sites Assets Pack.pdf

Edit: I see that now the Mod has a theme 🙂 ... small detail, its version still says "1.6"

exRaPM0.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw
translated to english
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the .pdf @Rudel_chw!

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

A small issue is that locating the ZU-23 Toyotas was a bit hard, as their names does not have the ERO prefix.

Yes. Since the HDSM (as well as another upcoming mod we're working on) try to blend in DCS' default naming convention for AA systems, I've elected to keep that approach for AA units of the Asset Pack. The way I see things, structures can have the ERO prefix because it doesn't matter how they're named, but that isn't the case for vehicles because that name is used in AAR and in-game when labels are used.

I'd be curious to know what others think about that.

I took the opportunity to update the Catalog document that I did to make it easier to select them when editing missions. 

Do you mind if I add it to the pack ?

small detail, its version still says "1.6"

Nice catch, I'll fix that.