SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

I am having issues with the assets from this pack showing up on my multiplayer server where the assets pack is not installed on that server machine. (due to it being a rental).  I have edited the mission.cfg file to comment out the required modules which usually works for A-4/Herc mods.  But for this one, any asset i choose gets turned into a tank of some sort.

Can anyone shed some light to this issue please.  Thank you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, demoteam44 said:

I am having issues with the assets from this pack showing up on my multiplayer server where the assets pack is not installed on that server machine. (due to it being a rental).  I have edited the mission.cfg file to comment out the required modules which usually works for A-4/Herc mods.  But for this one, any asset i choose gets turned into a tank of some sort.

Did you tried with a different mission? did happened to me in some sort: while ago a user shared with me his template with assets, no mather what i did in .lua file, or on the mission itself, the assets where tanks all the time. I discarded that mission and never understanded what the problem was.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 1/23/2022 at 4:12 PM, demoteam44 said:

On 1/23/2022 at 11:09 PM, Paladin1cd said:

I've had the same issue. Realized it today when I had a LEO where a manpad should have been... In between parked aircraft. Whoops. 

Can you send me your .miz files? I can't reproduce on my end...

On 1/23/2022 at 9:12 AM, demoteam44 said:

Need to be installed on the server as well.  From days of old when missions are loaded with items that are not recalled from the database in the server they are usually replaced by a similar unit or vehicles of all the same type.  Not sure what they do now.  If your running AWS then you  need to create the mod folder etc. and install them on the server.  

• Thanks 1

Gents...

What is purpose of the 5S99, SA2 - SNR75 and SA-2 trailers and where are they normally positioned?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

7 minutes ago, Sierra99 said:

Gents...

What is purpose of the 5S99, SA2 - SNR75 and SA-2 trailers and where are they normally positioned?

They're just static units meant to complement ED's SAMs. In real life, the SNR-75 radar used on the SA-2/S-75 requires the UV and AV stations to work ("SNR-75 trailer"), but ED did not make those so we did. The 5S99 is the command vehicle associated with the SA-3/S-125 SAM system. Again, ED did not include it with its own SA-3 so we added our own. The so-called "SA-2 trailer" is a diesel electric generator that was used for SA-2/3 sites not connected to the local power grid. 

The SNR-75 trailers are usually colocated with the SNR-75 radar itself, while the 5S99 is usually at the center (or near the radars) of the SA-3 site. The diesel generator can be put anywhere as long as the cables are long enough to reach the vehicles it is supposed to supply. See the following:

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-SNR-75-Fan-Song.html

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Rus-SAM-Site-Configs-A.html

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LetMePickThat said:

Thanks a lot, excellent information 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

“ In real life, the SNR-75 radar used on the SA-2/S-75 requires the UV and AV stations to work ("SNR-75 trailer"), but ED did not make those so we did.”

So I am assuming then that:

A.) The “UV” and “AV” trailers are identical just different innards.
B.) One “UV” and One “UA” is required for a site with six missiles and they are generally colocated with the Radar 
C.) The 5S99 is only appropriate for use with the SA-3/S-125 SAM system. 
C.) “The “SA-2 trailer" isn’t required…but I would assume that even when not required, they’d be present at every site in case power was lost. The question is how many per site and How many components would be connected to each Generator?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

8 hours ago, Sierra99 said:

A.) The “UV” and “AV” trailers are identical just different innards.

Mostly exact, yes. 

http://www.ausairpower.net/PVO-S/SNR-75M3-AV-UV-Vans-MiroslavGyurosi-1S.jpg

B.) One “UV” and One “UA” is required for a site with six missiles and they are generally colocated with the Radar 

Yes. See the two links I provided above. They are not always colocated with the radars, the cables allow them to be installed as far as 200m away from the antenna itself.

C.) The 5S99 is only appropriate for use with the SA-3/S-125 SAM system. 

Correct.

C.) “The “SA-2 trailer" isn’t required…but I would assume that even when not required, they’d be present at every site in case power was lost. The question is how many per site and How many components would be connected to each Generator?

You would need an aweful lot of them. The fire control radar alone requires three plus ba ckup. Then, you'd need to power on the rails, the UV/AV modules, the search radars, etc. How many exactly would depend on the configuration of the site, same for the question of which equipements they would be connected to. In practice, the operators usually "make do" with what they have and the topography of the site, which results in vastly different patters from one battery to the other.

image.png

@LetMePickThat Your Mod is one of the most useful mods available for DCS, with high quality shapes and textures, it adds a lot of immersion to my missions. I wonder if you have thought  about making it available to ED so that it could be more easily used by people that can’t/won’t employ User Mods? Check this post by nineline:

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 6

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 2/14/2022 at 10:53 PM, Rudel_chw said:

@LetMePickThat Your Mod is one of the most useful mods available for DCS, with high quality shapes and textures, it adds a lot of immersion to my missions. I wonder if you have thought  about making it available to ED so that it could be more easily used by people that can’t/won’t employ User Mods? Check this post by nineline:

It is not something we have discussed internally, however the current bar set by ED is very high, and without denigrating our own creation too much, I very much doubt it would meet the current impressive standards currently being set by ED in almost every new update. But thanks for the thought though, very much appreciated 😊 Best Strigoi_dk

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 8:27 AM, Stratos said:

Hi, any update on that possible battle taxi of the poor armies?

bewaffnete-talibankaempfer-auf.jpg

descarga.jpg

Taliban-imago-zuma-press-77715452h-930x523.jpg

We currently have a range of Hilux in the mod but I have to admit none loaded with insurgents like shown on the pictures. Also believe the reaction to fire would be virtually impossible to model, e.g., a realistic reaction to fire would be to disperse away from the vehicle drawing fire, and personally I don't think this is a feasible feature at present. Alternatively, the loaded insurgents would just sit idle on the vehicle awaiting their pending doom, not particularly realistic. So, I do not see this as realistic in the mod, sorry. Best Strigoi_dk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Strigoi_dk said:

We currently have a range of Hilux in the mod but I have to admit none loaded with insurgents like shown on the pictures. Also believe the reaction to fire would be virtually impossible to model, e.g., a realistic reaction to fire would be to disperse away from the vehicle drawing fire, and personally I don't think this is a feasible feature at present. Alternatively, the loaded insurgents would just sit idle on the vehicle awaiting their pending doom, not particularly realistic. So, I do not see this as realistic in the mod, sorry. Best Strigoi_dk

Ok, thanks for clarification.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!