SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

On 2/19/2022 at 4:58 PM, Strigoi_dk said:

We currently have a range of Hilux in the mod but I have to admit none loaded with insurgents like shown on the pictures. Also believe the reaction to fire would be virtually impossible to model, e.g., a realistic reaction to fire would be to disperse away from the vehicle drawing fire, and personally I don't think this is a feasible feature at present. Alternatively, the loaded insurgents would just sit idle on the vehicle awaiting their pending doom, not particularly realistic. So, I do not see this as realistic in the mod, sorry. Best Strigoi_dk

Always tought more like a target for long range Hellfires and GBU from high alt.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Always tought more like a target for long range Hellfires and GBU from high alt.

Yeah, but you don't really get to chose how they are used by other people. I too would engage them from very high/far, but some others would try to strafe them and wonder why they're not moving.

14 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

Yeah, but you don't really get to chose how they are used by other people. I too would engage them from very high/far, but some others would try to strafe them and wonder why they're not moving.

Never rains to everyones taste.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 1:04 PM, Ian Boys UK said:

Seems the EWR Generic Radar tower doesn't function as EWR.

Hi, I don't know if this has been answered before but I found that for the Generic radar tower there is no entry in the sensors.lua file located in  \Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\SAMSitesAssetPack\Database\Sensors

I added these lines and now it works perfectly with skynet IADS once the 2SAP assets are added in the appropriate lua file of the skynet IADS:

----Addition of Generic radar tower as EWR
GENERIC_RADART =
        {
			Name = "EWR Generic radar tower",
			category = SENSOR_RADAR,
            type = RADAR_AS,
            scan_volume =
            {
                azimuth = {-180.0, 180.0},
                elevation = {-15.0, 60.0}
            },
            max_measuring_distance = 600000.0,
            detection_distance =
            {
                [HEMISPHERE_UPPER] =
                {
                    [ASPECT_HEAD_ON] = 500000.0,
                    [ASPECT_TAIL_ON] = 500000.0
                },
                [HEMISPHERE_LOWER] =
                {
                }
            },
            lock_on_distance_coeff = 0.6,
			multiple_targets_tracking = true,
            velocity_limits =
            {
                radial_velocity_min = 25.0,
            },
            scan_period = 10.0,
        }

declare_sensor(GENERIC_RADART)
----END Addition

I used the data from the 1L119 Nebo-SVU as I didn't had any other reference. 

Feel free to contact me if you have any other reference that can adjust the 'Generic radar tower'

Hope this helps,

Amedee

PS: if someone is interested in adding EWR from 2SAP into skynet IADS I have the code to add in the correct lua file.

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2022 at 5:59 PM, Avermeire said:

Hi, I don't know if this has been answered before but I found that for the Generic radar tower there is no entry in the sensors.lua file located in  \Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\SAMSitesAssetPack\Database\Sensors

I added these lines and now it works perfectly with skynet IADS once the 2SAP assets are added in the appropriate lua file of the skynet IADS:

----Addition of Generic radar tower as EWR
GENERIC_RADART =
        {
			Name = "EWR Generic radar tower",
			category = SENSOR_RADAR,
            type = RADAR_AS,
            scan_volume =
            {
                azimuth = {-180.0, 180.0},
                elevation = {-15.0, 60.0}
            },
            max_measuring_distance = 600000.0,
            detection_distance =
            {
                [HEMISPHERE_UPPER] =
                {
                },
                [HEMISPHERE_LOWER] =
                {
                }
            },
            lock_on_distance_coeff = 0.6,
			multiple_targets_tracking = true,
            velocity_limits =
            {
                radial_velocity_min = 25.0,
            },
            scan_period = 10.0,
        }

declare_sensor(GENERIC_RADART)
----END Addition

I used the data from the 1L119 Nebo-SVU as I didn't had any other reference. 

Feel free to contact me if you have any other reference that can adjust the 'Generic radar tower'

Hope this helps,

Amedee

PS: if someone is interested in adding EWR from 2SAP into skynet IADS I have the code to add in the correct lua file.

This was fixed in Beta 1.5 or 1.6 I think. 

• 1 month later...

Again, absolutely fantastic work guys. I just have one small request. Would it be possible to make a small revetment, in a similar style and size to the others already included, only straight? 

I'm trying to make a realistic SA-5 site, but the included revetments don't quite work. If we had a straight piece, we could join them up into numerous different shapes and sizes. A single piece, about 100ft long (circled ) would be enough to recreate the entire site shown below.

image.pngstic 

Edited by norman99
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 8:13 AM, ickyline said:

Hi, just a question, this mod is still available for the new DCS OPEN BETA version? 2.7.12.23362

I can't see models in the mission editor anymore

It works on my latest DCS OB:

y2WM51P.jpg

n6netVL.jpg

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

23 minutes ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

Errmm, the install path is not right for me.. I dont have the any "mods/tech" folder in my DCS.openbeta folder..

What am i missing here?

Are you definately checking your folder in your SAVED GAMES directory and not the games own root folder. Saved Games is generally located on your system drive under "Programs/Users/**YOUR USER PROFILE.**

If you are looking in the right place and as silly as it sounds you are just missing those folders. I thought the Mods folder was a given but it makes no real difference. You can create them yourself.  In the main directory (where the folders like "missions" and "liveries" are locaed, just make a new folder called "Mods", in that folder create anther one called "tech" - you can also add folders for "aircraft" and "Services" as these will serve other mods- remember to watch for what has capital letters and what doesnt (not sure if it makes a difference but PCs run on witchcraft). 

And thats it although its always a wise move to use a mod manager like OvGME to as this makes troubleshooting and updating mods easier down the line. 

Good luck

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Just now, Dozer1606688093 said:

This is what im seeing. 

Thanks for your reply though. I will see if i can get it working following your advise. 

screen1.png

Your're certainly in the right place!

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

1 minute ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

But in the main directory i already have a Mods folder.. Can i just create a Tech folder in there?

That directory is for official modules, the user Mods should go into /saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/

You just need to use windows file management tools to create a "Mods" folder at that location, plus a "tech" folder inside it.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

4 minutes ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

But in the main directory i already have a Mods folder.. Can i just create a Tech folder in there?

Easiest way to look at is is that the Save games folder contains stuff ED dont mind you messing with, whilst the main directory is generally their backyard. Stuff in the Saved Games folder wont get overwritten when a new patch arrives, stuff in te main root will. Most mods will sit in the Saved Games folder. The issue comes when those mods take up more spece than you have (it happens), happily you can create your saved games folder on any drive ---but thats a dog of a different colour. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

Easiest way to look at is is that the Save games folder contains stuff ED dont mind you messing with, whilst the main directory is generally their backyard. Stuff in the Saved Games folder wont get overwritten when a new patch arrives, stuff in te main root will. Most mods will sit in the Saved Games folder. The issue comes when those mods take up more spece than you have (it happens), happily you can create your saved games folder on any drive ---but thats a dog of a different colour. 

I just tried it and it now works. But as you say, i wish i didn´t have to put more stuff on my C drive. I just want to keep that clean for windows. 

Is there any way to not have DCS interfering with the C drive at all? 

8 minutes ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

Is there any way to not have DCS interfering with the C drive at all? 

/saved games/ can be moved with this procedure:

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 10:33 AM, Boosterdog said:

Are you definately checking your folder in your SAVED GAMES directory and not the games own root folder. Saved Games is generally located on your system drive under "Programs/Users/**YOUR USER PROFILE.**

If you are looking in the right place and as silly as it sounds you are just missing those folders. I thought the Mods folder was a given but it makes no real difference. You can create them yourself.  In the main directory (where the folders like "missions" and "liveries" are locaed, just make a new folder called "Mods", in that folder create anther one called "tech" - you can also add folders for "aircraft" and "Services" as these will serve other mods- remember to watch for what has capital letters and what doesnt (not sure if it makes a difference but PCs run on witchcraft). 

And thats it although its always a wise move to use a mod manager like OvGME to as this makes troubleshooting and updating mods easier down the line. 

Good luck

I have OvGME. Can i just use that instead ?

One question.. Should i direct OvGME to the Saved games/DCS openbeta./Mods folder

Or should i make a Mods folder in the root directory and direct Ovgme there?

Edited by Dozer1606688093

2 hours ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

I have OvGME. Can i just use that instead ?

One question.. Should i direct OvGME to the Saved games/DCS openbeta./Mods folder

Or should i make a Mods folder in the root directory and direct Ovgme there?

OvGME absolutely yes - every mod i use is placed with this mod manager - I set the OvGME directory just to the root folder not the mods folder but its really a personal choice. Setting to to the root keeps your options open for other stuff although 99% of what I use OvGME for can be found in the mods folder.  

Creating a mods folder wont hurt anything . 

I tried yesterday to install this mod using OvGME, but no luck. My OvGME is set to install mods to the DCS openbeta in the Saved games folder.

This mod needs to go into the "tech" folder. When installing using OvGME, it just puts it in DCS openbeta folder and not into the Mods/tech folder that I created. I tried some Liveries mods as well, and it just put the mods on to the Saved games/DCS openbeta folder and not into the Liveries folder. 

How to direct the mod to the right folder using OvGME? I thought that you only needed to direct the mod to the Saved games/ DCS openbeta folder and then the mod should find its way into the right sub folder..