SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

56 minutes ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

I tried yesterday to install this mod using OvGME, but no luck. My OvGME is set to install mods to the DCS openbeta in the Saved games folder.

This mod needs to go into the "tech" folder. When installing using OvGME, it just puts it in DCS openbeta folder and not into the Mods/tech folder that I created. I tried some Liveries mods as well, and it just put the mods on to the Saved games/DCS openbeta folder and not into the Liveries folder. 

How to direct the mod to the right folder using OvGME? I thought that you only needed to direct the mod to the Saved games/ DCS openbeta folder and then the mod should find its way into the right sub folder..

OvGME relies on a file hierarchy In every instance. If you direct to the saved games root folder you will need to create a mod archive structure similar to this. Mods\tech\SAM assists pack. It doesn’t matter if the mods folder or tech folder already exist in your Saved Games folder or they don’t.  Without the folder hierarchy the mod will just be placed in the main directory because OVGME only knows to place whatever it sees as the first folder in the place it’s directed to. 

To create the OVGME archive those files will need to be put them  into a header folder with a name you can recognise as being that specific mod. So for instance  SAM ASSET PACK\Mods\tech\High Digits Sam Asset Pack. 

This is then zipped by OvGME when you create the mid archive. When activated OVGME will unzip the contents of the archive,  Mods/\tech\High Digits Sam Asset Pack. into the root directory and windows will take care of merging (or creating if there isn’t already a folder with that name) the folders and their contents  into the saved games directory. 

hipe I’ve explained this well enough. 

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

46 minutes ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

tried yesterday to install this mod using OvGME, but no luck. My OvGME is set to install mods to the DCS openbeta in the Saved games folder.

OvGME is not an installer, it knows nothing about where a Mod’s files should go, it only knows where are the game’s files stored, which for DCS is usually at /saved games/dcs or dcs.openbeta/ but it knows nothing about the folders within that. What OvGME does is just to copy files from its repository onto the game folder, while backing up any file that is replaced by the Mod, and it can do the reverse when you disable a Mod.

You are the one that has to know where exactly a Mod files go, and you gather that information from each Mod’s instructions. So, when a Mod’s author gives you a Mod where all it’s files are within a single folder named "SAM assets" and tells you to install it at /saved games/dcs or dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/ you need to set it up on OvGME repository on exactly the same relative path, starting from /saved games/dcs or dcs.openbeta/ .. that is, /mods/tech/SAM assets/

Some Mods came already with the correct path folders, they are usually called OvGME-ready but are the minority.

I once wrote a brief Guide about OvGME, it is now obsolete as it dates from a time when Mods files went straight onto the DCS program folder, before ED came up with the idea of replicating its folder tree within the user’s folders, at /Saved Games/ which makes the whole scheme much cleaner, but it may serve as a way to better understand how OvGME works:

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 1:25 AM, norman99 said:

Again, absolutely fantastic work guys. I just have one small request. Would it be possible to make a small revetment, in a similar style and size to the others already included, only straight? 

I'm trying to make a realistic SA-5 site, but the included revetments don't quite work. If we had a straight piece, we could join them up into numerous different shapes and sizes. A single piece, about 100ft long (circled ) would be enough to recreate the entire site shown below.

image.pngstic 

Sort of like this, see quick test? If so, no big deal, very easy to do. Will consider having some simple elements, like corners, straights etc. and include in a future update.

image.png

Edited by Strigoi_dk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Strigoi_dk said:

Sort of like this, see quick test? If so, no big deal, very easy to do. Will consider having some simple elements, like corners, straights etc. and include in a future update.

image.png

That’s absolutely perfect! Just what I was thinking of. Those alone will be more than enough to build out a nice SA-5 site.

I can’t thank you enough.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 1:25 AM, norman99 said:

Again, absolutely fantastic work guys. I just have one small request. Would it be possible to make a small revetment, in a similar style and size to the others already included, only straight? 

I'm trying to make a realistic SA-5 site, but the included revetments don't quite work. If we had a straight piece, we could join them up into numerous different shapes and sizes. A single piece, about 100ft long (circled ) would be enough to recreate the entire site shown below.

image.pngstic 

Been experimenting a little. As it turns out the modular approach only works on really flat ground. On sloped surfaces there will be a visible difference between segments due to the the geometry, see red circles. The same effect can be seen in game on fences etc. Anyway will include in next release 🙂

null

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Strigoi_dk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, shocknawe371 said:

but release when? the GR video implies soon...

what GR video?

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

23 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

what GR video?

23 hours ago, shocknawe371 said:

but release when? the GR video implies soon...

With respect to release, being an integral part of the S-400 suite, we are still missing to implement the 40H6 version, see screen from Blender, but will have to get back to you with more as soon as possible 🙂 No description available.

• Like 4

Can't believe I have missed this - amazing work, an essential mod. 

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:00 PM, Strigoi_dk said:

Been experimenting a little. As it turns out the modular approach only works on really flat ground. On sloped surfaces there will be a visible difference between segments due to the the geometry, see red circles. The same effect can be seen in game on fences etc. Anyway will include in next release 🙂

Its not a bug, it a feature. 😀

For me this makes it more realistic. One just cant make a perfect square out there in a warzone. 😆

This is just great, thank you for all of the hard work and thank you for providing us such a great mods to play with. :)

• Like 2

LetMePickThat and I are proud to release an update to our Beta version of the SAM Sites Asset Pack, or 2SAP. Furthermore, we are also proud to release a Beta version of our S-300 line including the infamous S-400 Triumf system (NATO designation SA-21 Growler). To protect the S-400 site we have also included the Pantsir-SM (NATO designation SA-22 Greyhound).

Main additions in the 2SAP package are:

·         Various Toyotas (Updates).

·         AH-64 relates stuff, hereunder a few helipads.

·         A few tractors.

·         General update incl. more revetments and SAM positions.

Main additions for the S-300 package are:

·         S-300PS

·         S-300V

·         S-300V4

·         S-300VM

·         S-300PMU-2

·         S-400

·         Pantsir-SM

In order to access please use the following links:

2SAP

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ShWHJC1ZJ7hjsqW8ww4rfyk8Mtj-MRdO/view?usp=sharing

S-300 Series incl. Pantsir

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tI1LTHrJB2XTmW_k_4Ddp7J1VqpBgSWo/view?usp=sharing

Once downloaded, extract to C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech or C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech.

Enjoy, and feel free to report bugs on this forum.

Best regards

Strigoi_dk

Below is a few teasers:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pantsir1.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

HQ1.jpg

Pantsirs.jpg

Edited by Strigoi_dk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

39 minutes ago, salling772 said:

try to install both mods but will not show up in game running the open beta 2.7.15.26783  I am experience mod user

Strange, on my OB they seem to work:

bI7IjHV.jpg

szPH5XG.jpg

gwjshvO.jpg

But I have not yet tested it more completely. Before that, I wan't to update the Catalog that I did on February, as there are a lot of new objects in spite of the small change in version number: 1.8.2 vs 1.8.1 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, El Phantasmo said:

Does the SAM pack replace the old High Digit mod?

Good question, it's not clear ☹️

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

38 minutes ago, clanitho said:

Good question, it's not clear ☹️

Was not the intention, but given we also did all High Digit models and some of the coding, there might be issues with overlapping models and naming, as displayed above. Unfortunately I'm not really a LUA expert, so for testing purposes, perhaps only run one without the other active until any conflicts are sorted.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdrianL said:

FYI The S-300 series clashes with the HighDigitSAMs pack. My DCS just crashes on startup if I have both installed

image.png

Me too.  I had to delete 

S-300 Series incl. Pantsir https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tI1LTHrJB2XTmW_k_4Ddp7J1VqpBgSWo/view?usp=sharing

Out of my mods and enjoy the rest of the work so far.  I await the patch patiently. 🙂

After removing the 4 models show in AdrianL's post from High Digit DCS.log showed sensor conflicts with the "S-300V 9S32 tr", "S-300VM 9S32ME tr", and "S-300PMU2 64H6E2 sr". I commented out the complete sensor definitions for the 3 Sam systems (S-300V, S-300VM, S-300PMU2) in the High Digit sensors.lua and DCS started up.

What would be the proper way to remove the conflict without having issues with for example the IADS script or duplicate units?

• Like 2