SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

19 hours ago, salling772 said:

try to install both mods but will not show up in game running the open beta 2.7.15.26783  I am experience mod user

It should work, I'll take a look.

17 hours ago, clanitho said:

Good question, it's not clear ☹️

It's up to you, both are very similar but the S-300 pack does not features the older units (e.g SA-2/3). The S-300 pack focuses more on modern(ish) systems.

19 hours ago, AdrianL said:

FYI The S-300 series clashes with the HighDigitSAMs pack. My DCS just crashes on startup if I have both installed

image.png

These lines aren't related to the problem at hand. Try using only the HDSM and you'll have the same errors.

15 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

I would also add that if we could figure out exactly what files are conflicted, we could write a .BAT file to delete the conflicts.

Details on writing a .BAT file.

I'd take this on to thank you @Strigoi_dk but I'm behind on work writing about the friendly skies for Simple Flying.

The systems in common are the following:

• S-300PS
  • S-300PMU2
  • S-400
  • S-300V
  • S-300VM

I'll take a look and update the S-300 pack to ensure compatibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Where do I install both files? When a drag and drop the S300 folder into mods/tech, DCS won’t start

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, El Phantasmo said:

@LetMePickThat I have a question regarding RWR definitions on these items. I know that these are mostly variants of the S-300 family but is it possible that they all have different definitions for SA and RWR databases so that a site shows up as a 20 or 21 instead of a 10. 

No, not at the moment.

2 hours ago, Sn8ke said:

Where do I install both files? When a drag and drop the S300 folder into mods/tech, DCS won’t start

Same for me also. take the folder out and it fires up fine.

Is it a clash with High Digit Sams?

Edited by Glider_UK

http://www.modeldesigns.co.uk

Mobo Asus Maximus XI RAM:64GB DDR4 CPU:Intel I9 9900 Nvidia 2080TI WIN10 64Bit HP Reverb

6 minutes ago, Sn8ke said:

Does anyone have this mod working?

Seems to work for me, but I don't use the High Digits Mod, only the SAM assets Pack.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 6/26/2022 at 8:58 AM, AdrianL said:

FYI The S-300 series clashes with the HighDigitSAMs pack. My DCS just crashes on startup if I have both installed

image.png

Seems like the crash isn't related to the duplicate units, but when there is a duplicate SENSOR loaded. Line 165 in the log. 

I've incorporated the fixes highlighted by @AdrianL and @PaulToo, plus fixes for some additional weapons conflicts which did not prevent DCS from loading.

To save everyone else the work, I've attached the deltas from the stock HighDigitSAMs v1.4.2 release as 1x .zip file to this post. Simply copy over replacing the 2x files with the contents of the .zip file.

You only experienced conflicts with the SAMPack_S-300_Series mod if you also had HighDigitSAMs installed.

HighDigitSAMs.zip

Edited by HawaiianRyan
Restored S-300PMU1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, HawaiianRyan said:

I've incorporated the fixes highlighted by @AdrianL and @PaulToo, plus fixes for some additional weapons conflicts which did not prevent DCS from loading.

To save everyone else the work, I've attached the deltas from the stock HighDigitSAMs v1.4.2 release as 1x .zip file to this post. Simply copy over replacing the 2x files with the contents of the .zip file.

You only experienced conflicts with the SAMPack_S-300_Series mod if you also had HighDigitSAMs installed.

HighDigitSAMs.zip 3.32 kB · 16 downloads

This is great, but you commented out some unnecessary things. The S-300PMU1 (SA-20A) is not included in the S-300 pack, and can thus remain in HDS. Also the HQ-7 launcher and Fan Song are not in HDS.

First of all, thank you so much. You are great guys. Also, big thanks to your families for letting you guys doing this. 😄

To give some feedback:

I previously had two mods:

1. HighDigitSAMs

2. SAMSitesAssetPack

When added SAMPack_S-300_Series, to the "...tech/mods" folder " - DCS World can't go past intro screen. I am attaching the log file: dcswLog2022.06.29AllMods.log.

dcswLog2022.06.29AllMods.log

DCS WORLD version no.png

DCS quits here. Also DCS World version 2.7.14.24228.

After deleting mod: HighDigitSAMs and leaving in the "Mods / tech" folder these two: 

1. SAMPack_S-300_Series

2. SAMSitesAssetPack 

DCS is working again. 🙂 Yeeeeaaa 🙂

In the "Mission editor" screen, Pantsir-SM is not available under "Player Drivable" section, don't know iif this was intended, but just to mention it. 🙂

PantsirSMplayerDrivable.png

When in game, I found it very hard to hit anything with rockets. 🙂

Tried targeting helicopters (low / high speed and altitude) also planes (low / high speed and altitude) but as soon as I fire missile, after two seconds they explode (self-destruction). It looks like its exploding at the moment when buster engine should fall off.

Every missile is exploding about 0.7 - 0.8km in the air:

Screen_220629_131837.png

I locked the target, waited to be "in range" but missile is exploding to early. Also, when using missiles, after locking target, there is white lead showing up in the screen, but it does not help me. If I aim to the white lead, or red square, the result is the same - Missile is exploding after launching.

Screen_220629_103700.png

Screen_220629_103537.png

Screen_220629_103043.png

Here, I am on Shells (missiles) target is locked (AH-1W, low altitude, 3,2km). This should be easy job for PSM, and look at the white leading circle, you cant even fire if aiming so low. 

Also command CTRL+F10 is not working, cant access Panstir-SM radar and lock-track targets automatically.

Interesting thing is, when I do not control Pantsir-SM, AI is doing phenomenal job and hitting every target with 100% precision. Which is absolutely great. 🙂

I am linking photos to the Google Drive, this looks amazing 🙂
More screenshots - LINK

Edited by Gradjevinac
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gradjevinac said:

First of all, thank you so much. You are great guys. Also, big thanks to your families for letting you guys doing this. 😄

To give some feedback:

I previously had two mods:

1. HighDigitSAMs

2. SAMSitesAssetPack

When added SAMPack_S-300_Series, to the "...tech/mods" folder " - DCS World can't go past intro screen. I am attaching the log file: dcswLog2022.06.29AllMods.log.

dcswLog2022.06.29AllMods.log 6.04 kB · 1 download

DCS WORLD version no.png

DCS quits here. Also DCS World version 2.7.14.24228.

After deleting mod: HighDigitSAMs and leaving in the "Mods / tech" folder these two: 

1. SAMPack_S-300_Series

2. SAMSitesAssetPack 

DCS is working again. 🙂 Yeeeeaaa 🙂

In the "Mission editor" screen, Pantsir-SM is not available under "Player Drivable" section, don't know iif this was intended, but just to mention it. 🙂

PantsirSMplayerDrivable.png

When in game, I found it very hard to hit anything with rockets. 🙂

Tried targeting helicopters (low / high speed and altitude) also planes (low / high speed and altitude) but as soon as I fire missile, after two seconds they explode (self-destruction). It looks like its exploding at the moment when buster engine should fall off.

Every missile is exploding about 0.7 - 0.8km in the air:

Screen_220629_131837.png

I locked the target, waited to be "in range" but missile is exploding to early. Also, when using missiles, after locking target, there is white lead showing up in the screen, but it does not help me. If I aim to the white lead, or red square, the result is the same - Missile is exploding after launching.

Screen_220629_103700.png

Screen_220629_103537.png

Screen_220629_103043.png

Here, I am on Shells (missiles) target is locked (AH-1W, low altitude, 3,2km). This should be easy job for PSM, and look at the white leading circle, you cant even fire if aiming so low. 

Also command CTRL+F10 is not working, cant access Panstir-SM radar and lock-track targets automatically.

Interesting thing is, when I do not control Pantsir-SM, AI is doing phenomenal job and hitting every target with 100% precision. Which is absolutely great. 🙂

I am linking photos to the Google Drive, this looks amazing 🙂
More screenshots - LINK

The Panstir is not CA-ready yet. CA doesn't handle multi-targets radars, hence the problems you have with it when controlling it directly. At the moment, I would suggest leaving the missiles to the AI and only use CA when/if you want to use the guns.

Keep in mind that this is an early relase, and as such is filled with various bugs and limitations we are yet to solve. 😉

20 hours ago, patpatpowercat said:

Also @LetMePickThatand @Strigoi_dkit would appear that the Grave Stone mast TR does not launch missiles. With the truck version missiles launch, but with the mast an AI jet flew right overhead. The radar dome turns to track, but missiles never launch.

I'll take a look, thanks.

Edited by LetMePickThat
  • Thanks 2

Seems like the Guns on the Pansir system just shoot in one direction to engage but do not track incoming missiles ? Limitation on DCS with multiple weapon systems ? 

Also is there any known issue with an older map using the Hesco barriers, if I updated the MODPACK with the new files but its throwing these errors what would cause that ? were the file names or textures change ? seemed to load fine and I didnt notice any visual issues, however the log files throwing tons of errors for the ERO objects 

2022-06-30 01:53:05.816 ERROR   GRAPHICSVISTA: Can't open model ERO_Hesco_Barrier_9x2x2_D.
2022-06-30 01:53:05.816 ERROR   woCar: can't load destroyed model 'ERO_Hesco_Barrier_9x2x2_D' for 'ERO_Hesco_Barrier_9x2x2'
2022-06-30 01:53:05.817 ERROR   GRAPHICSVISTA: Can't open model ERO_Hesco_Barrier_9x2x2_D.
2022-06-30 01:53:05.817 ERROR   woCar: can't load destroyed model 'ERO_Hesco_Barrier_9x2x2_D' for 'ERO_Hesco_Barrier_9x2x2'
2022-06-30 01:53:05.817 ERROR   GRAPHICSVISTA: Can't open model ERO_Hesco_Barrier_9x2x2_D.
2022-06-30 01:53:05.817 ERROR   woCar: can't load destroyed model 'ERO_Hesco_Barrier_9x2x2_D' for 'ERO_Hesco_Barrier_9x2x2'
2022-06-30 01:53:05.817 ERROR   GRAPHICSVISTA: Can't open model ERO_Hesco_Barrier_3x2x2_D.
2022-06-30 01:53:05.817 ERROR   woCar: can't load destroyed model 'ERO_Hesco_Barrier_3x2x2_D' for 'ERO_Hesco_Barrier_3x2x2'
2022-06-30 01:53:05.821 ERROR   GRAPHICSVISTA: Can't open model ERO_Hesco_Barrier_3x2x2_D.
2022-06-30 01:53:05.821 ERROR   woCar: can't load destroyed model 'ERO_Hesco_Barrier_3x2x2_D' for 'ERO_Hesco_Barrier_3x2x2'

Thanks

Edited by Shrike88

On 6/26/2022 at 12:13 PM, Strigoi_dk said:

LetMePickThat and I are proud to release an update to our Beta version of the SAM Sites Asset Pack, or 2SAP. Furthermore, we are also proud to release a Beta version of our S-300 line including the infamous S-400 Triumf system (NATO designation SA-21 Growler). To protect the S-400 site we have also included the Pantsir-SM (NATO designation SA-22 Greyhound).

Thank you guys. This is amazing!

The only thing... any chance that you could make the new 3D models compatible with the new FLIR tech?

1 hour ago, Ahmed said:

The only thing... any chance that you could make the new 3D models compatible with the new FLIR tech?

We have been considering this since the FLIR tech was introduced, but have not really been spending too much time on it. For us it is a bit of detective work to figure out how the tech works, secondly to figure out how to actually include in the edm models with the exporting tools available. But it is something on our to-do-list, but can not give you a time frame given the unknows involved.

2 hours ago, Strigoi_dk said:

We have been considering this since the FLIR tech was introduced, but have not really been spending too much time on it. For us it is a bit of detective work to figure out how the tech works, secondly to figure out how to actually include in the edm models with the exporting tools available. But it is something on our to-do-list, but can not give you a time frame given the unknows involved.

Thanks, I'm familiar with how it works in the luas if you need any help with that (not that it is rocket science), but have no clue about how it works on the 3d modeling side. If it serves you of help, I know that the FRENCHPACK guys have figured it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2022 at 2:53 PM, Ahmed said:

Thanks, I'm familiar with how it works in the luas if you need any help with that (not that it is rocket science), but have no clue about how it works on the 3d modeling side. If it serves you of help, I know that the FRENCHPACK guys have figured it out.

Hi Ahmed, much appreciated. Yep I heard that as well. I know @LetMePickThat is in contact with people from the FRENCHPACK, so we will figure out how it works eventually 🙂

• Like 2