SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

11 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

@LetMePickThat May I please ask for templates for each model of SAM?  I want to make sure I get the units and quantities right.

I think I posted some examples above. I'll make some new ones if you can't find them. 

7 hours ago, EA-18G_BlockII said:

so uh is any way to defeat upgraded S-300 series SAM? for example the S-300VM, i couldnt pickup its radar and launch signal and just suddenly go poop in mid-air. Also the jamming script here didnt help either 

It can still defeat S-300PS though

but for the high digit ones, here's the result of someone else' test:

"I did some further tests with S-300PS, S-300PMU and S-300VM. At first, the Defensive Jamming doesn't work against any of that three systems. The Offensive Jamming delivers mixed results.
The test setting was always the same: Growler in around 14,500 ft barometric on 400-450 kts, starting in the air between 35-38 nm away, flying straight ahead onto the SAM site.
Results (only Offensive Jamming):

S-300PS Jamming OFF - Missile launch at 28.5 nm
S-300PS Jamming ON - Missile launch at 4.5 nm (1st try) respectively no launch (2nd try)

S-300PMU Jamming OFF - Missile launch at 29.7 nm
S-300PMU Jamming ON - Missile launch at 30.2 nm

S-300VM Jamming OFF - Missile launch at 26.7 nm
S-300VM Jamming ON - Missile launch at 17.7 nm"

The VM and PMU are definitely doable, but you need people to fly with you and a ton of weaponry. Those systems might give you a lock warning (not a given), but they won't give a launch warning. Assume the worse when you're crossing the SAM ring. 🙂

I'm not familiar with that jammer script, maybe it needs specific inputs to work with custom SAM systems like Skynet does, I'll take a look when I have the time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

I think I posted some examples above. I'll make some new ones if you can't find them. 

The VM and PMU are definitely doable, but you need people to fly with you and a ton of weaponry. Those systems might give you a lock warning (not a given), but they won't give a launch warning. Assume the worse when you're crossing the SAM ring. 🙂

I'm not familiar with that jammer script, maybe it needs specific inputs to work with custom SAM systems like Skynet does, I'll take a look when I have the time. 

thanks you, would be great if you can make the script compatible with newer SAM systems 😄

Anw by "you need people to fly with you and a ton of weaponry" means one plane with jamming enabled-script wont be enough? you have to have a whole strike package to increase the chance  to disable it?

Edited by EA-18G_BlockII

On 2/22/2023 at 12:50 AM, EA-18G_BlockII said:

Anw by "you need people to fly with you and a ton of weaponry" means one plane with jamming enabled-script wont be enough? you have to have a whole strike package to increase the chance  to disable it?

Reference this video as an example of how strike missions against integrated air defenses can be conducted: 

Desert Storm seemed to have set the standard for how modern bombing campaigns are conducted, at-least by western powers. At 13:24, there is a reference to "Pubar's Party", an engagement that involved using TALDs and other decoy drones to bait SAM operators into turning on their radars, only to be destroyed by a follow-up SEAD mission. These tactics translate well in DCS, especially with Skynet. I would think that these strategies would be necessary in order to defeat modern S-300 and S-400 systems. 

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Like 2

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

• 1 month later...

Hello. 
In this mod have S400? 

Download, but don’t see this..

YouTube - WaffenCatLive

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | ASrock Fatal1ty K4 gaming x470 | SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (4.3Ghz) | RAM 32G ddr4 ballistix Sport (3200MHz) | Super JetStream GeForce RTX2080 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 4/5/2023 at 5:40 AM, Gibbo said:

Should the revetment be bigger as per real life to give the TELs room to move or is this revetment meant for something else?

image.png

That's not how you're supposed to use it. This revetment is for a single TEL, with an access/exit lane for a missile carrier/loader. Furthermore, you don't want to stack your launchers like that as this would make them very easy to take out with a single strike, and very likely to recieve damage in case of a missile launch failure.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

That's not how you're supposed to use it. This revetment is for a single TEL, with an access/exit lane for a missile carrier/loader. Furthermore, you don't want to stack your launchers like that as this would make them very easy to take out with a single strike, and very likely to recieve damage in case of a missile launch failure.

Both russia and ukraine have thier launchers in these revetments, usually with 4 TELs in each revetment, they are further away though, probably 3 meters or so

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 4:57 PM, Gibbo said:

Both russia and ukraine have thier launchers in these revetments, usually with 4 TELs in each revetment, they are further away though, probably 3 meters or so

Not exactly the same, I believe. Also, parking TELs so close one to another is very dangerous.

• Like 1

Posting again a few months later because no reply:

Feature request, i know this has ben talked about before but would it be possible to include all non-elevated revetments to ground objects as an option as well? 

It has been stated that "the lesser of two evils" is making all revetments static objects but if you don't need the elevation but do really want to make templates this would be the best of both worlds, no?

The mod is awesome but i have to build over 25 sam sites in a campaign and with 6 out of 7 revetments being not elevated that would save me manually placing of 150 static objects. 

• 1 month later...

Hey, guys.

First of all, congratulations on the mod. Maybe my problem is because I'm dumb, or maybe you explained before (there are 16 pages of messages and I didn't read them all), but I downloaded both your mods, installed them along with my other mods, and something funny happens to me: I can find and place EWR units without a problem (proof that the mod is installed), but in the fortification category there is no ERO whatsoever. I checked all types of ground units and nothing. Checked the statics as well and nothing either. Can you help me, please?

Big thanks.

19 minutes ago, Aoi Kaze said:

but in the fortification category there is no ERO whatsoever

maybe you have the historic filter enabled (the clock thingy on the mission editor’s status bar) … that feature is not compatible with user mods.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

hace 1 hora, Rudel_chw dijo:

maybe you have the historic filter enabled (the clock thingy on the mission editor’s status bar) … that feature is not compatible with user mods.

Nope, I got it disabled..!! Por cierto, tú hablas español, no?

Edited by Aoi Kaze

5 minutes ago, Aoi Kaze said:

Por cierto, tú hablas español, no?

Si, aunque no en esta parte del foro, pues puede molestar a otros usuarios 😇

Its been a while since I last used this Mod, will check it tomorrow and report back.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hi, I know you guys probably already have your hands full, but just for the record, I would like to submit a feature request for some radar assets that I feel would be nice to have in the game. These would be the P-14 Search/EW radar, the PRV-11 height-finding radar, and the 5N87 low-altitude early warning radar. They're all compatible with multiple of the SAM systems we already have access to, and some of them like the P-14 and 5N87 could also be used independently as EWR units. This mod is amazing and can only get better, I can't wait to see what you guys add in the future.

Edited by Doge_Ram
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 10:56 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Its been a while since I last used this Mod, will check it tomorrow and report back.

Hi,

Just tested and on my case the Mod seems to work correctly, I enable it using OvGME:

nCWISJK.jpg

And on the ME the objects show up as expected:

Xq4PORm.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 2

hace 8 horas, Rudel_chw dijo:

Hi,

Just tested and on my case the Mod seems to work correctly, I enable it using OvGME:

Hmmm, that might be it. I read the instructions and it said I should install it in games saved/mods/tech, so i did it that way, not with the OGVM. I have some mods that are installed directly on mods folder (iron dome, massun92-asset pack, etc) and i never needed to use the OGVM with those... I will do it your way and see if it works.
Thanks, man!

• 2 weeks later...
В 13.12.2022 в 17:15, Lt.Turbo сказал:

I sent you a message with the section of script you need to add to the lua.

Hi. Can you sent me this message or post it in this topic? Thanks.

Edited by Rafale_

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the end are these full-fledged units that work and hit targets? 
I also have a problem. After installing S300 SAM PACK 0.2 DCS World stops starting. My version is DCS World 2.8 Open Beta. Please help)