SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

I doubt any official ED partner would use a mod to sell a campaign on ED's store.

These assets, like others pickups/VBIED mods have to be integrated into the base game if a campaign maker wants to use them in its campaign. You can't expect ED selling a campaign that includes a mod that could be not up to date after a few months.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Those poor Cruisers! Greatest car I've ever owned is my 75, I don't think I can bring myself to reducing them to ash with a GBU-24. Great looking models with the 75 series, though I think a lot of what you see in Syria and whatnot are now all 79 series Cruisers. 

Edited by Gunslinger22
  • Like 1

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

• 2 weeks later...

Just for those that want eye candy of this great add-on... went ahead and integrated it with the NASAMS after the good guys took back Senaki...

Screen_211009_180311.png

Once C-model AMRAAMs were guarding the base, the Russian puppets really got... pinned.

Now I have to figure out how to work this pack into surrounding a SA-10 base at Sukhumi.  I've got a SA-15 and ZSU-23-4s guarding it also.  It's so well guarded that 2 flights of 4 F-16s are going to have to SEAD sweep to ensure the Georgian Su-25 Frogfoots and A-10 attackers can do their jobs in the vicinity.

On 9/24/2021 at 7:57 AM, Strigoi_dk said:

No description available.

Example of a few insurgent test vehicles. We have not yet decided how many of these will make the final cut into the mod, that remains to be seen 🙂 

These are going to be awesome to hunt with the Apache.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 3:48 AM, AvgeekJoe said:

OK sure, I'll share the other screenshot:

NASAMs Site at Senaki
Caption: NASAMs Site at Senaki Looking From the Northwest

amazing, but as you clearly can see at least - we finally need this great stuff in brownish / green and not sandy / yellow for caucasus.  please make it happen! 

• Like 1

With the huge void of missing FARP items with the up and coming Apache (biggest ED helo release ever),  have you guys considered creating any FARP assets ? New FARP helipad ? Logistic equipment, Apache Loading equipment, GPU etc. 

thanks again for everything you do ! 

Edited by Shrike88
  • Like 3

On 10/12/2021 at 8:51 PM, Shrike88 said:

With the huge void of missing FARP items with the up and coming Apache (biggest ED helo release ever),  have you guys considered creating any FARP assets ? New FARP helipad ? Logistic equipment, Apache Loading equipment, GPU etc. 

thanks again for everything you do ! 

We see your point, but at present our to-do-list is quite long, hence I can confirm that we do not presently have any plans to do more ground objects AH-64 related or other. This obviously might change in the future.

Anyhow, have you checked out the Consolidated FARB mod?

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/189858-consolidated-farp-mod-potential/.

I have to admit that I haven’t tried it myself, but it certainly looks promising.

Best

Erik (Strigoi_dk)

On 10/15/2021 at 3:14 AM, Strigoi_dk said:

We see your point, but at present our to-do-list is quite long, hence I can confirm that we do not presently have any plans to do more ground objects AH-64 related or other. This obviously might change in the future.

I have to admit that I haven’t tried it myself, but it certainly looks promising.

Best

Erik (Strigoi_dk)

Understand having a large list, and appreciate every object and model thats done, as I said before we definatinatly are lacking in that department.  Im sure I speak for most of the community that we are tired the last 5 years of bombing the same single factory / Techcombine model thats in there as the only large structure that serves as all of our missionbuilders (refinery, powerplant, weapons site, chem weapons etc etc) lol

Unfortunately that consolidated Farp setup is dormant and lost its steam but hopefully there will be some more coming and that will work with 2.7.

thanks again

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I love this MOD thank you ! 

Same question as here Hight Digit Sam Log errors

I found the following errors in the log file

2021-11-09 19:05:29.230 ERROR   Scripting: plugin: SAM Sites Asset Pack unit replace EWR P-37 BAR LOCK not allowed
2021-11-09 19:05:29.233 ERROR   Scripting: plugin: SAM Sites Asset Pack unit replace EWR 55G6U NEBO-U not allowed
2021-11-09 19:05:29.235 ERROR   Scripting: plugin: SAM Sites Asset Pack unit replace EWR 1L119 Nebo-SVU not allowed
2021-11-09 19:05:29.238 ERROR   Scripting: plugin: SAM Sites Asset Pack unit replace EWR Generic radar tower not allowed

When I'm deleting the add_surface_unit(GT) line in the "...\Database\Sensors\" Directory Lua files the errors disappear in the log file! Does it have any influance ? Thank's. 

Attached the modified files.

EWR_1L119.lua EWR_55Zh6U.lua EWR_P_37.lua GenericEW.lua

EVAC : French fighter school on LockOn: Flaming Cliffs

Moding tutorials at C6

14 hours ago, Michelange said:

Hello, I love this MOD thank you ! 

Same question as here Hight Digit Sam Log errors

I found the following errors in the log file

When I'm deleting the add_surface_unit(GT) line in the "...\Database\Sensors\" Directory Lua files the errors disappear in the log file! Does it have any influance ? Thank's. 

Attached the modified files.

EWR_1L119.lua 2.21 kB · 0 downloads EWR_55Zh6U.lua 2.21 kB · 0 downloads EWR_P_37.lua 2.19 kB · 0 downloads GenericEW.lua 2.22 kB · 0 downloads

See my answer on the HDSM thread. 🙂

On 10/11/2021 at 1:01 PM, flanker1 said:

amazing, but as you clearly can see at least - we finally need this great stuff in brownish / green and not sandy / yellow for caucasus.  please make it happen! 

just a reminder. . . 😉 thanks for your amazing piece of art!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stuart666 said:

Apologies if this is impertinent, but anyone replicating older SAM sites on the Caucasus might find my Static Template useful.

Hi Stuart666.

In my opinion, not in any way impertinent, quite the contrary. I think it is cool with the template.

Best

Strigoi_dk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 9:14 AM, Strigoi_dk said:

Best

Erik (Strigoi_dk)

I came here to post exactly the same suggestion about helipad related objects.  One thing that would be good and easy would be to take the concrete pads from the top of one of the elevated revetments and put it at/very near ground level.  That would be a good landing pad in place of the very very old ED FARP object.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd share some - edited for clarity - WIP screenshots of a S300 base I'm making with this SAM Sites Asset Pak:

Screen_211211_003801e.png

Edited screenshot of a S300 leaving the S300 site
Screen_211211_003736e.png

S300s Heading for AGM-88 HARMs in the Abkhazian Night
Screen_211211_005736.png

A-10 Over A Mostly-Whacked S300 Site Doing Mk 1, Mod 0 Eyeball BDA

Let me know what you think please.  Hope this is somewhat accurate of what a S300 site would look like.

Edited by AvgeekJoe

6 minutes ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Let me know what you think please. 

As the Mod currently stands, it looks much better on the Persian Gulf or Syria (have not tried Nevada, as it would be much too fictional for me) .. wish the Mod author added winter liveries to it. 🙏

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

38 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

As the Mod currently stands, it looks much better on the Persian Gulf or Syria (have not tried Nevada, as it would be much too fictional for me) .. wish the Mod author added winter liveries to it. 🙏

. . .and please finally greenish/brownish earth textures for caucasus map. . . THANKS!

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

Just now, flanker1 said:

. . .and please finally greenish/brownish earth textures for caucasus map. . . THANKS!

Well I'm thinking about having this mission in the late autumn anyway.  I can see dump trucks of rock just being dumped quickly for a new S300 site that has to be shut down promptly because a friendly airbase is under the SAM.

We hear what you say and agree on the livery part (snow and grass etc.). However, we are a small two-man team, currently working on getting a quite comprehensive S-400 system up and running incl. a Pantsir for close protection, see a teaser enclosed. However, we will get around addressing the livery request In due time.

Cheers Erik20211208213525_1.jpg

Hereunder updating some texture that look way too smooth and bright.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2