I did it.

OPEC

I just bought the Gazelle. I was not shure about it since a lot of people are complaining about it. But i wanted to fly a light and agile helicopter.

So where do I start: i had the Hind, the Huey, the KA-50 before the Gazelle. What can I say - the Gazelle is easily the best of them all. I never was very good in flying helicopters, since they never did what i wanted them to do.

Not so the Gazelle. From the first take off you immediately have the sense of being in control. It's so easy to understand what input results in what output. You can act instead of react.

I've only flown it like half an hour today, but i already love it completely.

I will always be a jet driver in the first place, but i sense that the Gazelle will add some great possibilities to the missions we fly in our squadron. A light and agile helicopter, perfect for reconnaissance, with a decent amount of firepower... We will implement that Module in further missions for sure.

Anyway - i guess what i wanted to say is: well done polychop, really, really well done.

Gesendet von meinem S88Pro mit Tapatalk

• Like 7

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

Same! Bought it like 2 hours ago. It was tricky at first but its easy to maneuver once you understand it.

• Like 2

Modules I look forward too: BO-105, OH-58, AH-64, BS3, Eurofighter.
Wishlist: Ah-1 (any variant), HH-60 Pavehawk/ UH-60, A-4, AH6, and F-4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 11:17 PM, OPEC said:

I never was very good in flying helicopters, since they never did what i wanted them to do.

Not so the Gazelle. From the first take off you immediately have the sense of being in control. It's so easy to understand what input results in what output. You can act instead of react.

Sums it up nicely. The Gazelle sure is an absolutely excellent helicopter if you've never flown one before and don't like how helicopters behave.

• Like 6

That's pretty much the opposite DCS modules stand for, most people don't want an "always enabled" cheat-mode to be able to fly a helicopter module.

• Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

3 hours ago, RealDCSpilot said:

That's pretty much the opposite DCS modules stand for, most people don't want an "always enabled" cheat-mode to be able to fly a helicopter module.

And yet some appear to enjoy that.

Let people enjoy themselves.  You don't need to slip into every forum thread and tell people they're wrong for enjoying something.

And if you hate the Gaz so much.  Why do you feel the need to visit this section at all.  Go and find something that brings you joy.  Or is that just it?  You enjoy trolling the forums?

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 10:36 AM, RealDCSpilot said:

Cheat mode. Sorry but that is exactly how the real deal works and flies. Same applies to UH-1 and Mil-8. These are pretty close to the their real world counterparts less the hardware software limitations one would have.

@Baltic PirateYou are right about ED's helicopters, they really work like their real world counterparts. But the Gazelle module is far from working on the same level like the other helicopter modules. Just to name a few issues: it doesn't even work like a helicopter would, it's more of a futuristic anti-gravity vehicle where collective input causes magically stable uplift and cyclic input causes continuous rolling like an airplane with ailerons. The flight model also doesn't feature drag and rotor dynamics, this gets very obvious by watching it in flight - it always only rotates around a single fixed point in the center of the 3D model. It's on the lowest level a player controlled helicopter could be in a computer game, not fitting in DCS as a flight sim.

Edited by RealDCSpilot
  • Like 2

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

On 7/30/2021 at 3:11 PM, RealDCSpilot said:

@Baltic PirateYou are right about ED's helicopters, they really work like their real world counterparts. But the Gazelle module is far from working on the same level like the other helicopter modules. Just to name a few issues: it doesn't even work like a helicopter would, it's more of a futuristic anti-gravity vehicle where collective input causes magically stable uplift and cyclic input causes continuous rolling like an airplane with ailerons. The flight model also doesn't feature drag and rotor dynamics, this gets very obvious by watching it in flight - it always only rotates around a single fixed point in the center of the 3D model. It's on the lowest level a player controlled helicopter could be in a computer game, not fitting in DCS as a flight sim.

The flight model does leave something to be desired... But it is not really that badly off.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU3sntZXRbU

I used those adjustments suggested in the video and voila, a different experience. Just to add. I have not flown the Gazelle in real life. Helicopters is something I got to a few years back.

Edited by Baltic Pirate
  • Like 1

The flight model and the controls are so bad off, that the video you postet got an answer shortly after it's release:

Keep in mind, the whole dicsussion is always about the fidelity of helicopters in DCS. ED's helicopter modules are really top notch, premium quality simulation. PC's Gazelle module, compared to the other ones - absolutely not.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some say so some say so. But Poly annouced a new or "Refined" flight model for the Gazelle in their Discord so apperantly... its not.

• Like 1

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

Bought the GAZ day one (2016?} and have enjoyed it always. Never flown a real one, so what the hell do I know about it. I love the sounds, radios, weapons available. Sometimes I just enjoy a map in this thing One of my three favorite helos (talking real here) along with the Huey and Hughes (MD Heli now) series. Oh, there is one complaint, the zombie like pilot faces, lol. Left seat guy looks like a Kosovoan I worked with in Kuwait, right seat dude looks like a zombie Khal Drogo