You and your Hind - Basic Tutorial Videos

nazradu

Hey guys! Thank you very much if you liked and subscribed in my last videos! You are awesome and beautyfull people!

I want to create that topic to have the videos at one place and also to hear your feedback, wishes and criticism. It's all welcome! I try to explane everything as easy and understandable as possible and I try to have the newcommers in mind. Enjoy!

In this video I explain how the Yaw auto pilot works.

I did revisit the topic of yaw AP as some Changes where made.

In this video we will learn how the trimmer works and what it is good for.

In this video I play the quick start mission Battle for Zugdidi and I show how you can use the clock to make sure you have perfect distance for your ATGM attacks.

This is the first of four videos where we will learn how to hover and make the transition from fast flight to hover to landing. Download the Training mission from this post.

Next training part is online. This time we practice out of ground effect hover. Transition to forward flight, maintaining a desired air speed and transition back to out of ground effect hover. In the next video we will put these parts together to perform our vertical landing. I hope this helps some of you guys to improve your flying skills and as always, feedback is welcome.

I decided to outsource the theory part 😄

Please watch the very good video "Your rotor and you" by CasmoTV for the theory background of this practice. I think this is the best video out there and I could not explain it better. Link is in my video description.

This is the third of 4 Videos on our road to master the vertical landing in the DCS Mi-24P. We put the steps together that we have practiced in the last two videos and perform our vertical landing. I also adjusted the training mission a little bit once more. I set a lower hight and speed for the landing clients, to make it a little bit more easy for you guys. I also added a carrier to give a more easy version to practice landing on a moving ship.

While I don´t realy know how much this is a thing IRL landing on ships is a great practice to smoth out your skills in helicopters. Got to admit, that´I did not realy check the speed of those ships when I added them to the mission. They seem to be a little bit fast, but ok.

A quick tutorial on how to use unguided weapons and how to approach targets with the unguided weapons.

Hind_Basic_Training_V1.4.miz

Edited by nazradu
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Awesome videos! I’ve enjoyed watching them. It seems like all of the manuals you can find online are in languages that I can’t read. So it’s been nice having you make videos to explain things. Please keep making more videos! 

Edited by uhntissbaby111
  • Like 1

These are the best and most informative videos on the Hind.  After watching them, you can go on to watch all of the rest of the numerous YT videos.

I downloaded the trimmer mission but it did not seem to be the same as in the video?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

57 minutes ago, sobe said:

These are the best and most informative videos on the Hind.  After watching them, you can go on to watch all of the rest of the numerous YT videos.

I downloaded the trimmer mission but it did not seem to be the same as in the video?

Hi mate thanks for those kind words. The mission for download is related to the Hover Tutorial. It should be the one with the pylon lane. I will double check on that.

I did edit the Hover mission a little bit and now you can choose between a heavy and a light weight chopper so you can feel the difference and dont need to edit in the ME. The heavy one had 6% overweight befor and has now 100% weight. Maybe the overweight is a little bit hard to begin with. I also added two slalom lanes, one slow track and one fast track.

If anybody is realy good in ME maybe he or she can help me out a little bit. I have some ideas for that training area, but my ME skills are... ridiculous XD

Edited by nazradu
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheLongShanks said:

These are really great. Do you have a discord or a squadron? 

Hi mate and thank you! No I don't have a squad or discord. Making the vids, flying for my own pleasure and RL takes all my time already. I will join a squad and open a discord once we evolve to beings that need no sleep XD

Edited by nazradu
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me why I can't get my Hind off the ground?  I own all of the heli's in DCS and I don't have anything setup different in the Hind module in regards to my HOTAS.  I can watch my collective go up in game and on the gauge, throttles are set to full, brake is off but I just can't get off the ground.  If I start in free fly I just crash to the ground.  I'm obviously missing something simple here.

Edited by Nightstalker
grammar

3 hours ago, Nightstalker said:

Can anyone tell me why I can't get my Hind off the ground?  I own all of the heli's in DCS and I don't have anything setup different in the Hind module in regards to my HOTAS.  I can watch my collective go up in game and on the gauge, throttles are set to full, brake is off but I just can't get off the ground.  If I start in free fly I just crash to the ground.  I'm obviously missing something simple here.

You mean you have no lift? Either send a screenshot of your instrument panel or track file

6 hours ago, Nightstalker said:

Make sure you're not in "game mode". The flight model is not yet implemented for it - just for simulation mode. 

I didn't think there was a drop down for game mode.  I have the collective and throttles setup on my Virpil Throttle.  I have the throttle on the collective on max and I can see all of the gauges in the proper position but no lift...lol.  It's pretty funny actually.  I've never had this issue with any of my helicopter modules.

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Stratos said:

How you guys deal with the slip while flying? my Hind nose usually points to a direction different to the one I'm flying like an airplane does against the wind. Is that an usual behaviour?

Yes, that effect is called weather-waning. It's typical for helicopters. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

1 hour ago, admiki said:

I think he talks about inherent sideslip from tailrotor thrust. And yes, it is normal.

Wait what? The net vector result of tailrotor thrust vs gyroscopic forces on the helicopter should be 0. There should be no inherent sideslip from tailrotor thrust. 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick.