SA5 (S200 Vega) When?

goAdA

When it's ready?

I dunno, I know it's in the roadmap, but remember that these guys aren't working in a studio atm, they're likely still working from home, and moving a few hundred megs to a gigs worth of data can take a bit over cloud services since everyone is a slave to their internet connections.

I'm waiting for this system as well. One of the most impressive SAM systems of the XX centaury. Maybe they are integrating it with the new SAM overhaul or IADN module?

ED know what they are doing, i'm sure they would like to release it to the public if it would be ready, they have many tasks at once to work on.

Yeah, ED have been talking about the FM being the main item on the list.

Do we know what variant the system is supposed to be? If we have the 5V28, then it should be the S-200V "Vega" [SA-5b "Gammon"]

The other thing I'll mention is that so far we've only had the missile, launcher and the TTR/FCR teased. We've heard nothing about appropriate acquisition RADARs (most notably the P-14/5N84AE ["Tall King C"] and PRV-13 ["Odd Pair"]/PRV-17 ["Odd Group"], as well as numerous other battery components.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

Yeah, ED have been talking about the FM being the main item on the list.

Do we know what variant the system is supposed to be? If we have the 5V28, then it should be the S-200V "Vega" [SA-5b "Gammon"]

The other thing I'll mention is that so far we've only had the missile, launcher and the TTR/FCR teased. We've heard nothing about appropriate acquisition RADARs (most notably the P-14/5N84AE ["Tall King C"] and PRV-13 ["Odd Pair"]/PRV-17 ["Odd Group"], as well as numerous other battery components.

ED has not build comand, power and utility vans as Sa-2 or Sa-3, only the Adquisition / fire control radar, launchers and missiles. The Sa-2 Transport, Transloader trailers has only cosmetic a has none funtionality, the same situation as a old LOMAC Sa-8 9T217 transloader vehicles. None funtionality planned on that point, actually hs by trucks near SAM sites to reload.

No Early Warning radar planned yet.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

2 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

ED has not build comand, power and utility vans as Sa-2 or Sa-3, only the fire control radar, launchers and missiles. The Sa-2 Transport, Transloader trailers has only cosmetic a has none funtionality, the same situation as a old LOMAC Sa-8 9T217 transloader vehicles. None funtionality planned on that point, actually hs by trucks near SAM sites to reload.

I mean, even the SA-2 is missing the acquisition/search RADAR commonly associated with it - the P-18 ["Spoon Rest D"]

As for electrical, there is the 5I57A, though missing the electrical distribution systems.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Arikaj said:

Do we know what version of the missile are we getting? Could not find exact info which states what we are getting. Thanks

Last I checked we're were getting an S-200V "Vega" [NATO: SA-5b "Gammon"] which fires the 5V28/V-880 missile, with a maximum range of 240km.

Unfortunately ED are pretty sloppy when it comes to variants, especially when it comes to naming them.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Thanks 2

System:

1 minute ago, Northstar98 said:

Unfortunately ED are pretty sloppy when it comes to variants, especially when it comes to naming them.

Yes, saw it in the newsletter from 2019? (I think) and I was not sure if I can take it as a definitive answer. Thanks

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 12:30 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

That Van has only cosmetic, not bad if ED build a funtionality to "black out" a site destroy your generators.

well electricity is "modelled" with the WWII search lights. it needs a generator in it's vicinity to work. it's a very basic simulation, but should be "good enough" for the SAMs as well...

• Like 3