Devices Unplugging and Remaining Unplugged

Currently as of DCS 2.7.2.8165.2 Open Beta I've had the issue of USB devices unplugging. I've experienced this same issue for previous versions of DCS World. Devices will be randomly unplugged despite nothing being done to the physical cables, and remain unplugged even after replugging the physical cables. When this occurs the whole PC is affected. My throttle and wireless headset's USB dongle get entirely " forgotten " by the PC and no longer shows up as devices. At times, the devices get unplugged and replug themselves seconds later, but I need to change the sound settings in DCS for it to output through my headset. This occurs only when I play DCS and seems to occur randomly. Sometimes you can go hours with nothing happening and at times it's the moment your plane loads up at spawn. The only fix is a restart. The issue seems to occur only in multiplayer.

I read that it might be related to my B550 motherboard and was told to change to PCIe 3.0 through BIOS but that didn't solve it either.

Edited by Display Name

• Display Name changed the title to Devices Unplugging and Remaining Unplugged

I assume you refer to these. However when I right click these the option is to uninstall devices. The only option related to drivers is to update them. If I do indeed have to uninstall the devices I don't know how to reinstall them. Could you offer further guidance ? 

image.png

there is an entry on your device manager screen shot for 'saitek bulk interface' with an exclamation point in a yellow triangle. this infers a problem with that device. i suggest removing it with controllers unplugged. restart computer. install the drivers. then plug in the controllers. test in windows.

https://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

14 hours ago, silverdevil said:

there is an entry on your device manager screen shot for 'saitek bulk interface' with an exclamation point in a yellow triangle. this infers a problem with that device. i suggest removing it with controllers unplugged. restart computer. install the drivers. then plug in the controllers. test in windows.

https://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

Strangely the Saitek throttle that I use is the only device that doesn't unplug. My non Saitek throttle and my headphones are the ones that are consistently affected. 

Do the controllers show up and test ok in Windows control panel? The yellow triangle could be causing issues. Open device manager and watch the driver with the triangle. Remove each controller until that device disappears. Also do you have the hotplug setting set in DCS?

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 6/28/2021 at 9:02 PM, silverdevil said:

Do the controllers show up and test ok in Windows control panel? The yellow triangle could be causing issues. Open device manager and watch the driver with the triangle. Remove each controller until that device disappears. Also do you have the hotplug setting set in DCS?

When I unplug the Saitek stick that yellow triangle doesn't disappear nor does the device. It's the only Saitek item I have. I have tried hotplugs enabled and disabled to no avail. image.png

if a USB device gets removed, it sould disappear from the device manager. can you have device manager open and remove all the controllers one by one? then you can zero in on the bad one.