Bombs only release in a Hot-Hind

cha5er

I was unable to drob bombs in a cold start hind (predefined loudout) they simply do not release, not even a autostart works. (i checked every switch back to back with photos in pilot and operator seat)

back to Misson Editor and set the same Heli to ground hot start, and then they release just fine

Hind cold bomb.trk

Hind hot bomb.trk

Hind cold dispenser.trk Hind hot dispenser.trk

Edited by cha5er
Added Trk. Files
  • Like 1

It honestly is just as simple as Cha5er described, you load the bombs in hot start, they work fine.

you do a cold start or rearm the bombs, they never drop (unless you do it with the emergency jettison)

• Like 3

I had the same yesterday. Cold start as per known procedure and Petrovich ordered to warm the weapons. No dice. Hot start and the bombs drop all day. I used the RBK250 preset. Have yet to test with others. I'll provide trackfiles as soon as I have time for it.

Could this be related to the pods/bomb switch in the front seat?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

It's definitely some sort of bug, as others stated bombs only work if they are pre-loaded on the helicopter via mission editor.

Spawning empty and rearming via ground crew only lets you drop bombs with the emergency jettison switches.

Funny enough, a helo that for example spawned with FAB-500s can drop them, come back, rearm and also drop the same bomb type again without breaking the system.

Possibly related, I couldn't get FAB-100s to drop off the inner-most racks on the Hind even with a hot start from the ramp. 

I would also look into if this issue is tied into being overweight for takeoff or not. You can still fly doing a running takeoff in the Hind "over" the safe ramp weight but I wonder if that's affecting the game's logic somehow. 

Edited by DocHawkeye

SO. 

It looks like no bombs whatsoever can be dropped off the inner most hardpoints as long as there are AT-6 racks on the middle hardpoints. I tried taking off from parking, the runway, hot and cold, in the air etc and couldn't find any correlation between those. It looks like its just using the middle hardpoints for AT-6 causes issues for bombs in the inner hardpoints. Any other mounting allowed bombs to drop normally.