Gun does not fire

Stratos
Go to solution Solved by ARM505,

I can shoot rockets perfectly, and altought I tried to follow Wags MG30 tutorial, the gun never fires. It appears as active under the gunsight, but it refuses to shoot. Any idea?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

I can shoot rockets perfectly, and altought I tried to follow Wags MG30 tutorial, the gun never fires. It appears as active under the gunsight, but it refuses to shoot. Any idea?

Do you see this "30" symbol below your sight? Perhaps you dont turn on Fire Control switch (Up). or you dont select the gun or rockets (Weapons selector - the bigger knob on weapon panel). Check your AZS for weapons (right-down/back) console

Let also Petrovitch turn the main master arm in his cockpit (use LCtrl + W).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

17 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Do you see this "30" symbol below your sight? Perhaps you dont turn on Fire Control switch (Up). or you dont select the gun or rockets (Weapons selector - the bigger knob on weapon panel). Check your AZS for weapons (right-down/back) console

Let also Petrovitch turn the main master arm in his cockpit (use LCtrl + W).

The first three questions, YES I do. The AZS no idea of what it is.

Petrovich also Yes.

11 minutes ago, Stratos said:

The first three questions, YES I do. The AZS no idea of what it is.

Petrovich also Yes.

AZS - they are switches on the back right panel (if you start from cold and dark they are on down position) but if you see the light "30" they are up I suppose. So unguided rockets work for you? Btw. Check the ammo (in Mission editor) to be 100% sure you have it, does it preset or not. 

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Solution

Check that the gun actually has ammo in the mission editor - if you do something like check the 'civilian aircraft' box in the loadout tab, uncheck it, then load a normal loadout, the gun may not have ammo. I can't quite remember the steps I took to do that, but I ended up loading in with zero gun ammo loaded. I think the fault may also occur in the rearm panel in mission as well, but that might have been something I misheard?

1 hour ago, ARM505 said:

Check that the gun actually has ammo in the mission editor - if you do something like check the 'civilian aircraft' box in the loadout tab, uncheck it, then load a normal loadout, the gun may not have ammo. I can't quite remember the steps I took to do that, but I ended up loading in with zero gun ammo loaded. I think the fault may also occur in the rearm panel in mission as well, but that might have been something I misheard?

That was the problem!

Thanks to both of you for the help!