Will the Apache get Petrovich?

upyr1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, upyr1 said:

If we do will is there any chance that Wags will do the voice?

It would be the most relaxing combat flight ever, ha ha.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

All joking aside. This is actually a pretty good question, seems like the AI in Petrovich is very, very basic, and it doesn't have to be very complicated considering the workload that is shared between the Pilot and the Operator in the Hind. I wonder if they will be able to pull it off in the Apache, where the guy in the front seat has a lot more things to do and much more complicated systems to work with. 

It would have been better to post this somewhere else other than the wishlist though. 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Lurker:

All joking aside. This is actually a pretty good question, seems like the AI in Petrovich is very, very basic, and it doesn't have to be very complicated considering the workload that is shared between the Pilot and the Operator in the Hind. I wonder if they will be able to pull it off in the Apache, where the guy in the front seat has a lot more things to do and much more complicated systems to work with. 

It would have been better to post this somewhere else other than the wishlist though. 

i think they working very hard on it. Petro is just a basic AI, it will improve over time.

im very positiv ED will ged Chad to work good, still it will never be as good as a human 🙂

14 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

It would be the most relaxing combat flight ever, ha ha.

Wags has an awesome voice. 

1 hour ago, nessuno0505 said:

Jester too is less capable than a human, there's a limit to what an AI can do today, skynet hasn't took control yet.

That's true, but sometimes you just want to do an off line mission or campaign 

Personally I would prefer a more jester AI in the Apache.

• Like 1

Modules I look forward too: BO-105, OH-58, AH-64, BS3, Eurofighter.
Wishlist: Ah-1 (any variant), HH-60 Pavehawk/ UH-60, A-4, AH6, and F-4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

I'm pretty sure in an Apache it would be some variation on a name of Peter.

Unless you want to bring in Stanislav Petrov.  I'd just sit with the engine off and talk to him all day.  Partly because my Russian isn't great and it would take a while to get my ear back, but mostly because he would have amazing stories to tell. 

Maybe a 'Harry' AI, but I don't think that would be possible without getting political.

On 6/29/2021 at 1:57 PM, Shark 3-1 said:

Personally I would prefer a more jester AI in the Apache.

Me too.  I do not like the system in the Hind.   Jester may not be perfect but it is way more intuitive. 

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

Me too.  I do not like the system in the Hind.   Jester may not be perfect but it is way more intuitive. 

Well, keep in mind that the Hind is quite a different animal compared to the F-14; and the Hind was just released.  They've made it quite clear that there is a lot more functionality coming in Petrovich, and as they add more functionality and improvements, there may be some level of UI tweaking that may be necessary.  But this is just speculation on my part based on what they've said for planned updates in the future.

Personally, I like the method they've implemented Petrovich, with combinations of short and long presses, contextual options, etc.  However, I don't think any system to simulate an AI crewmember will ever be as seamless as we all would want. 🤷‍♂️

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
1 hour ago, StevanJ said:

Twice its been said now..

By only you, both times. Lol, whatever man, live your life however. 🤣

DCS Rotor-Head

• 4 weeks later...