Severe Shadow flicker and general detail LOD rendering issues that depends on camera location and angle.

trigen

Hello

Nvidia 3090 all drivers.  Default shadows.  Assume all are maxed out. 

This issue is causing immense flickering and shadow draw issues. It may or may not be related to my other issues. I can also observe this very sharp transition from good shadows to bad shadows in X plane but the range is about 2-3 times that of DCS from the cockpit.  The high res shadows are being rendered only marginally in front of the aircraft and main focus seems to be behind  

It seems to depend very much on angles. From behind or in the cockpit its quite bad but if you turn the camera from the opposite side then everything seems just fine. Its as if things are somehow reverse. I see the same on my Nvidia Laptop. 

I dont know if this could also be related in some way to my other AA issues 

Long version. You can see it on trees, the walls and pretty much everything. 

Edited by trigen
  • Like 3

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

That shadow snowplow-effekt is bugging me for months now. 

GTX 1080 here, but if you watch twitch and yt-videos especiallly during low flights or close formation flying, you can easily spot and reproduce this effect with any available setting, graphics card and resolution.

It annoyed me so much, i switched ground shadows off completely.

If I could just do it for all object shadows. 😞

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• 2 months later...

I’m suffering terrible from shadow flickering and shimmering in 2d 

Also suffer with anything that reflects sunlight causes a shimmer. Flying across Syria map the roofs of houses are like mirrors and rivers like horizontal lighting strikes. 
It’s worse at golden hour. 
the settings I use don’t matter I could use 2x SSAA and 4x MSAA and it still wouldn’t change anything. 
I have 32 gb of RAM and a RTX 3060 I know it’s not a top end card but even with lowest settings all round and AA options on full it’s still a shimmering flickering mess. The DCS settings don’t seem to help it. 

PG map still has flicker but it’s not so bad as Syria. 
Kavkas is ok same as PG 

Nevada is quite good doesn’t suffer so bad.

what’s the best way to show this problem ? Video my screen or screen grab ? 

Edited by scampaboy