Game Stuttering heavily after the latest patch

@Flappiestunning! after I set correctly paging into a SSD and following DCS setting by the post of @RosyPlays (and also I bought a Gsync Predator monitor...awesome!) I've no more issue about lags or struttering of any kinds....I've plated MP on 4YA Syria server smooth like silk 😎.

I think also I have the possibility to raise filters (MSAA and anisotropic) a little more with the same results!

Thanks for now!

Thanks for your feedback. 👍

@BlknTan99 Your fastest drive( C:\ ) is almost full. Maybe that's why Windows created a second pagefile on your slow HDD drive ( D:\ ). To get rid of your performance drops, you need to make room in your C:\ drive. Once you have at least 50 GB of free space on your C:\ drive, remove the pagefile from your D\ drive.

EDIT: I forgot something important: it seems Tacview also records its ACMI tracks on your D:\ drive. You may want to change this if the issues persist after you remove your D:\ pagefile.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

@Flappie

I reinstalled DCS actually so I have about 139GB of free space before installing any modules or maps Still despite that no change in performance. I also send my tacviews to my D drive as I don't like to waste space on my C drive although as of late I rarley turn it on anyhow. Would you recommend removing the second page file for the D drive

Interesting went through my logs and this seems to pop up a lot... Lots of missing textures and stuff and DX11BACKEND errors. Could DX11 missing files be causing the stuttering? Would link up to the GPU potentiallyimage.png

dcs.log

Edited by BlknTan99

6 hours ago, BlknTan99 said:

I reinstalled DCS actually so I have about 139GB of free space before installing any modules or maps Still despite that no change in performance. I also send my tacviews to my D drive as I don't like to waste space on my C drive although as of late I rarley turn it on anyhow. Would you recommend removing the second page file for the D drive

Yes, please disable pagefile on your D:\ drive. This is most probably what is slowing down your PC (not only for DCS).

You want only one pagefile stored on your fastest drive (here, C:\).

About the error messages you showed: we're all having them. They don't mean much.

Edited by Flappie

On 7/2/2021 at 12:20 PM, RasendeWildsau said:

My Performace also dropped terrible after the last Update.

My rig: 

Ryzen 7 3800x
2070 super

64 GB ram 
DCS installed on Gen 4 NVME M.2 

the system is not even rudimentarily fully loaded, but the FPS are absolute garbage.

Same here, GTX1080, i74790K @ 4.6, 16 gigs of RAM, SSD, after hind relase FPS are very bad. Tried Rosyplays tutorial, but after that DCS looks like garbage, so no, this is bad...

:pilotfly:

I am also experience stutters on the last beta version.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Hi

I chime in. I haven't noticed a problem before other than when I get ambitious and overestimate my performance but I came here to look for support.

Even in Caucasus FPS is jumping constantly between 30-60FPS and sometimes down as low as 20. I even had a few issues where the FPS drops to 5 just when I pass the mountains.

Specs

AMD Ryzen 5 @ 4ghz

32gb RAM

Nvidia 1660

Windows and DCS och M2

/Fredrik

Gents, seeing as each of you owns an NVIDIA GPU, please try this:

image.png

And if this is not enough, empty this folder: C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache and hit "Ignore" when Windows says it cannot remove some files (it's OK).

Edited by Flappie

Hi Flappie

I did the Restore Defaults and folder delete. Quality dropped slightly in DCS, probably since I had "Enhance application antialiasing" enabled. However it didn't change my FPS behaviour. I tried a Cauc mission and a Libery generated Syria mission, these quickly gets unplayable for me, and FPS was all over the place. Jumping from 20-70. I've watched a few tweaking videos on Youtube and all of them seems to have stable FPSs. Clearly my computer is dowing something every few seconds that causes the FPS to drop.

This is anoying since my Windows 10 installation is maybe 2 years old and since I'm in my 40s I don't have anything "extra" installed other than what's provided by AMD and Nvidia. I do however suspect the Icue/corsair keyboard app which seems to have had issues in the past but I have no evidence.

/Fredrik

41 minutes ago, TheHoff said:

Hi Flappie

I did the Restore Defaults and folder delete. Quality dropped slightly in DCS, probably since I had "Enhance application antialiasing" enabled. However it didn't change my FPS behaviour. I tried a Cauc mission and a Libery generated Syria mission, these quickly gets unplayable for me, and FPS was all over the place. Jumping from 20-70. I've watched a few tweaking videos on Youtube and all of them seems to have stable FPSs. Clearly my computer is dowing something every few seconds that causes the FPS to drop.

This is anoying since my Windows 10 installation is maybe 2 years old and since I'm in my 40s I don't have anything "extra" installed other than what's provided by AMD and Nvidia. I do however suspect the Icue/corsair keyboard app which seems to have had issues in the past but I have no evidence.

/Fredrik

Hi Fredrik, if you suspect iCue, close it through the Task Manager and try DCS. If your issue is still here, please open a new thread and attach your dcs.log file ( C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log - may appear as "dcs" ) and your dxdiag log (how to get one).

On 7/4/2021 at 12:00 AM, BlknTan99 said:

I did disable it and it made things a little better but not a massive improvement still stutters it seems

There's something I forgot to ask you to do. Please ensure your W10 is set to "High performance": https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000211304-Using-the-High-performance-power-plan-Windows-

8 hours ago, Flappie said:

Please ensure your W10 is set to "High performance":

Can verify this works. Had similar issues a few months ago, after building a new PC, so was 'clean', yet DCS would stutter every few seconds. I managed to reduce it using in game settings, but was still noticeable. With the FPS counter on I would watch it move around 90/110 then suddenly drop to around 40 and back up again. After installing a 3rd party program (namely MSI Dragon Center) and selecting a performance setting - the stutter disappeared. I then embarked on finding out what changes had been made by MSI DC - one of them was the Advanced power setting to extreme from balanced. 

As the PC was new I wiped everything (as MSI DC had messed with some other stuff I wasn't happy with), re-installed windows, updates, etc, and without using MSI DC played with the power settings, and purely moving from balanced to high increased performance and removed the stutter.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

For me set preload radius for 35000 help a little, i get rid of stuttering (16GB RAM, 32GB pagefile), earlier i got it on minimum (better performance on previous patches) BUT, when i tried to set more than 35000, i have a performance drop, so i think it's individual trial and error method.

:pilotfly: