Taiwan strait maps

micro

When will the Taiwan Strait map be released? Taiwan is rich in mountainous terrain, densely forested, numerous rivers and valleys, and bordered by the vast western Pacific in the east, with deep blue oceans and beautiful coasts. I have purchased a lot of landscape maps, but I am looking forward to the release of Taiwan Strait maps, thank you ED allows me to realize my dream of flying, but please give me a surprise!

• Like 1

Well, there hasn't been a Taiwan or Taiwan strait map announced or planned at all, by either ED or any other 3rd party, so don't count on a release date any time soon.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Thank you for your replies

Existing ED modules, Taiwan has a lot of UH-1H, F-16, F-5E in the past and now, if flying these aircraft in this airspace is really a very exciting thing, what a pity , Can only expect a miracle

taiwan.jpg

Edited by micro

Oh yeah, I agree that as a map it's a pretty good choice - though there are political issues with the PRC (they seem to get uppity if anything depicts the ROC as an independent nation).

Then there's the object density and object count, the whole western side has a fair few populated areas and the east is basically all trees. Same really goes for the Chinese mainland.

But if we got some more assets in the region - it would be essentially perfect for them.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 months later...

1. Taiwan Air Force shoot the first AIM-9 in combat.

2. Taiwan Air Force actually use P-51 P-47 F-86 F-5E M-2000 F-16 UH-1H AH-64 AH-1W.
3. Taiwan has J-11 H-8 and PRC player can't resist to fly anything they have to hang around this place.
https://www.voanews.com/a/china-taiwan-airspace/6263246.html
4. Basically all military equipments are around this island now.

5. I believe you will need a bigger map, include several Chinese airfields and port, so China players can be happier.

• Like 1

I'll have to tread lightly here due to the "no politics" policy on the forums, but anything that could refer to Taiwan as an independent nation is a no-go if you want to sell your product in a certain Asian country. There is a 21.000 line long list of words and phrases that are censored (presumably from the MP chat) in \DCS World\Data\censor.lua, many of which are related to Taiwan.

TL;DR: don't hold your breath.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, drPhibes said:

I'll have to tread lightly here due to the "no politics" policy on the forums, but anything that could refer to Taiwan as an independent nation is a no-go if you want to sell your product in a certain Asian country. There is a 21.000 line long list of words and phrases that are censored (presumably from the MP chat) in \DCS World\Data\censor.lua, many of which are related to Taiwan.

Holy bejesus, I was not aware of that. Interesting find.

• Like 2

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

55 minutes ago, drPhibes said:

Heck, even the word "Taiwan" is on that list.

System:

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

Heck, even the word "Taiwan" is on that list.

Let's also not forget that to this certain country, if the other country is ever officially accepted *as* an independent country by anyone in the UN, they've said they'll invade it then and there. Sure, it might just be bluster.... but does anyone really want to take the chance of watching the country who controls 35% of the worlds semiconductor production invade the country with 45% of the worlds semiconductor production? And you thought your hardware was expensive before....

• ED Team

Hi all, 

as you may or may not be aware to sell a product like DCS in China requires complying with local laws, the censor.lua which blocks the use of some words in China is one of those requirements.

We have noted the request for Taiwan Strait, but at this time it is not planned for DCS world.

Thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2