Why can't both TOO slots be used with JDAMS?

Fred00

I'm learning JDAMS and I have two JDAMS loaded on the same station. There are two slots TOO1 and TOO2. First I use WPDSG to load the coordinates for target one into the TOO1 slot. I then switch to TOO2, change waypoint and press WPDSG again. When I go back to TOO1 the coordinates are erased from that slot. Only TOO2 now has coordinates. Why are there two TOO slots if they can't be programmed for different targets?

Not exactly broken, it's "working as intended", but the way it's intended to work right now is straight up wrong.

TOO1 and TOO2 should keep the last coordinates they got.

• Like 4

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Can you elaborate how it's going to work in a perfect scenario?
AFAIK, TOO1 and TOO2 should retain the last coordinates they got fed, nothing more, nothing less.

TOO1 or TOO2 (depending on the selection) is continuously updated to the coordinates of the A/G designation. If the designation ceases to exist or the station becomes inactive (you step to another station or select another weapon), TOO will stop updating and retain the last coordinates it got. TOO1 will also stop updating when TOO2 is selected and vice-versa.

So, you could designate for TOO1 (tgt A), switch to TOO2 (immediately takes tgt A coordinates if you haven't undesignated), designate something else for TOO2 (tgt B).

Now, if you undesignate, TOO1 and TOO2 will keep their respective targets (A and B respectively). Select the desired TOO and pickle.

If you don't undesignate and select TOO1, it'll immediately grab the coordinates of the current designation.

Keep in mind that both PP and TOO are station-specific. Neither bomb-specific nor global for all stations carrying the same weapon.
  • Like 3

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

2 hours ago, Harker said:

TOO1 and TOO2 should retain the last coordinates they got fed, nothing more, nothing less.

TOO1 or TOO2 (depending on the selection) is continuously updated to the coordinates of the A/G designation. If the designation ceases to exist or the station becomes inactive (you step to another station or select another weapon), TOO will stop updating and retain the last coordinates it got. TOO1 will also stop updating when TOO2 is selected and vice-versa.

So, you could designate for TOO1 (tgt A), switch to TOO2 (immediately takes tgt A coordinates if you haven't undesignated), designate something else for TOO2 (tgt B).

Now, if you undesignate, TOO1 and TOO2 will keep their respective targets (A and B respectively). Select the desired TOO and pickle.

If you don't undesignate and select TOO1, it'll immediately grab the coordinates of the current designation.

Keep in mind that both PP and TOO are station-specific. Neither bomb-specific nor global for all stations carrying the same weapon.

Like it worked 6 months ago basically 🙂

• Like 2

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Like it worked 6 months ago basically
Yeah, pretty much
  • Like 1

-